• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas milage........... What do you get.

I am trying to guesstimate how much fuel I need for my trip. The car has a 2.0L engine. 4 speed trans and 2.64 diff. What type of fuel milage will I get. Everthing is tuned perfectly and she is runnung great. Tomarrow I leave Palm Springs Ca. and head for Sacramento Ca. for my new job. Thanks, Scott.

Gotta be a 3.64 diff. I think you should expect mid to low 20's on steady freeway runs. I have a 4.11 diff, 4 speed, 1.8 L, and can usually get that even at 75 - 80 mph.

good luck on the move.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

With my nearly stock tii, on a purely freeway, steady throttle, I can squeeze out about 280-290 miles in a tankfull. Commuting in a mix of freeway and stop and go and stop traffic, it is more like 240 to 260 miles. This is not taking it down to vapours, but leaving a bit just in case. A fill up usually runs about 10.5-11.5 gallons.(although we did fill up with 12.1 gallons on the Melee one year. We WERE on vapours there.)

With a fairly stock carbed 02 and a gentle foot, I'd expect to see 240 to 250 miles per tank with some to spare.

Leave early and drink lots of water.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

My '74tii gets about 26.5 mpg and I drive 75-80 mph to work and back daily. (about 50 miles round trip)

Ben

'74 tii- malaga--Sold it 7/1/07 Died a slow painful death in Colorado

Now I need another....roundie this time!

Adjusting for a trip gauge that turns faster than it should, I average about 22 mpg overall with a Weber 38/38, electronic ignition and 3.91 rear end (stock 4 speed).

76 BMW 2002 m20

05 Ford Focus ZX-3 SE

• 2 weeks later...

I drive 30 miles each way to work each day; 90% freeway; I get 28 mph with a 72 roundie. I once averaged 31 mph on a road trip over about four days...

I'm a really conservative driver; the few times I've decided to stomp on it consistentally, my MPG drops considerably...

I've yet to meet another 2002 driver to get the mileage I got, but I've heard from a lot who rib me for driving like a grampa...