• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Mitch" aka DukeRimmer has passed away...

Hi all, I recently ordered some parts from FAQer DukeRimmer and I just received a letter from his wife letting me know that Mitch had passed away a little over a week ago. I searched the posts and didn't see any other announcement--I just wanted to let everyone know. DukeRimmer was always quick to offer great tips, pictures and had many hard to find parts that he would sell for fair prices. If anyone has any follow-up info, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for everything Mitch, you will be missed!

Ben

Edit: It looks like he stated in previous a note to a FAQer below that he had been in the hospital for a nephrectomy which is the medical name procedure for removing a kidney. I don't know any more, but I assume complications from this procedure or a related illness took his life too soon. My last email from him came on May 24.

Edit 2: On July 14th, I assembled a printout of all the member comments posted on this topic and mailed them to Mitch's wife.

--> 1968 2002 <--

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, that's a shock. Thanks for letting us know.

I never had communications with Mitch, but know him as a good contributor to the Faq forum.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

WOW! that is sad sad sad. I just spoke with him 2 weeks ago. What caused his death?

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

I had several dealings with Mitch over the years and just spoke to him over a week ago over the phone. I'm a bit blown away. He was a good stand up guy. If anyone knows his family please extend my condolences to them or at least on behalf of the entire FAQ community.

Good dude, excellent board contributor and fellow 02 nut. You will be missed. May you r.i.p.

i am sorry to hear this. mitch was a stand-up person, as evidenced when he and i had a minor disagreement and he extended an 'olive branch' and i realized it was foolish to hold a grudge. i am sorry i never got to meet him personally, but i know he would have been a great person to hang with and shoot the breeze.

we should post his Project Blog on the FAQ section to memorialize his bodyworking skills.

RIP

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Mitch will be missed - I had the opportunity to meet him when I was just starting to work on my project and he was a great guy to talk to and get a bit of encouragement from.

His family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

what a bummer. I'm not sure what a nephrectomy is but it didn't sound too good :(

my last contact 23 May 2007

Z,

A thousand thanks for helping this computer dunce. I was unable to figure

out how to turn off advertisement blocker, but the info you pointed me to

certainly make it look like the correct diagnosis. The missing pics are

different each time, also pics from other FAQers posts are often missing.

I've just returned home from a week in hospital for nephrectomy, and will

soon be able to spend more time tinkering with computer. Until then I'm

assuming others can see my pics, and hoping they will help with their body

restoration projects.

Mitch (DukeRimmer)

--- crap!

We'll miss you dude.

-zachary

what a shock this is to hear, mitch was one of the good guys. going out of his way to help for no personal gain. i never met mitch personally but he helped me many times thru emails as well as sending me helpful parts and patterns and refusing any type of payment for his time and or services. what a tragic loss this is. rip mitch

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

My condolenses to the Family, sad to hear.

i just got around to installing some parts he sent me a while back,

he will be missed.

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

ill think of him everytime i open my trunk and look at the trunk boards he took the time to make patterns for and mail to me free of charge. he was always trying to drum up cash for the board also. a class act

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com