• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Mitch" aka DukeRimmer has passed away...

Very sad news indeed, my thoughts are with Mitch's family and loved ones.

Via email Mitch helped me out several times, always going into great detail and sending photos to make sure I understood. His last reply to me regarding my apologies for taking up so much of his time sums up his attitude and shows what a great chap he was:

"It's my pleasure to try to help fellow '02 owners"

Happy 02ing Mitch!

'73 tii arancio borealis - finished?!

'74 lux fjord - gone :(

'73 3.0csi polaris

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW!

Such a shock.

Anytime. It can happen at anytime.

Mitch was a good one. His advice convinced me to tear into my sunroof. Without him I would have just procrastinated and been without a working roof for a very long time.

At least NLA does not exist where he is right now. He's probably looking down on us saying, "Hey guys! I found out where all the flip-up sunroof deflectors are at!"

I'll be sure to think of him when I open the sunroof for my drive home tonight.

Goodbye Mitch.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Here's a thought. Should we all forward a small contribution to the member here who knows him the best (knows family, knew him in person and lives near him) and get his family a little something?

To show them we care about their loss and also to show he was well liked and appreciated here among his fellow 02ers. If someone sets it up I would gladly pitch in.

Or even just printing out all these replies to send to the family. Just a way to let them know that Mitch was part of our family as well.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Or even just printing out all these replies to send to the family. Just a way to let them know that Mitch was part of our family as well.

ya if someone could set that up i'd be cool. Man i was going to email him back and wish him good health too.. but he sounded so upbeat like the hospital deal was no big thing and he was going to get back to doing his stuff.

I got behind with communications and never replied.

Sorry Duke --

All I have is the PO box that he used to accept payment, if anyone wants this, please send me a note through my profile page. His wife used the same address as the address return on the envelope she mailed me last week.

I think compiling the notes from everyone and sending them to her with a card would be a great idea. I can do this once everyone has finished posting memories or best wishes to the family.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

of our knowledgeable 02ers that we all learn things from. He and his expertise (not to mention his parts stash!) will be sorely missed.

Sadly

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

At least NLA does not exist where he is right now. He's probably looking down on us saying, "Hey guys! I found out where all the flip-up sunroof deflectors are at!"

And he better not start shipping them to the FAQ!!! Ok, maybe at the rate of one a month...

Enjoy the roads up there, Mitch!

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

I didnt know him either, but his posts were what make this board informative.

His posts were always accurate, especially when it came to restoration tips, techniques, etc. There's a golden cordless sawzall with an infinite life battery up there with his name on it.

Matt McGinn

Sports Car Restoration

www.sports-car-restoration.com

1974 2002 turbo 4290909, resto project, looking for parts

89 M50'd e30

72 Alfa GT Veloce

84 M491 911

68 1600 channeled and flared project

70 2002 flared car project