• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tin worms suck

Arshloch

Here is my little 68'. Originally a cali car, she appeared to have 0 to none rust when I purchased it. But at a closer inspection with a screw driver and a hammer, it revealed the hidden rot! And lots of it. Well, I guess it's time for surgery, I said to myself pulling out a grinder and a welder.

This car came with a good interior and decent repaint that I really did not want to mess up. This issue complicated pretty much everything except my floor job, as I could not afford cutting into my 1/4 panels and replacing the front fenders. When I cut her open, I realized that the car's rockers are rotting from the seams up and that issue will have to be dealt with later. Thats when I had to stop myself from replacing every panel on that car, meaning that I might as well restore the whole car!

post-2405-13667579060747_thumb.jpg

post-2405-1366757906162_thumb.jpg

post-2405-13667579062489_thumb.jpg

post-2405-13667579063434_thumb.jpg

post-2405-13667579064272_thumb.jpg

68' 2002 DD

Well- Keep slugging away at it !!

It will be worth it when you have it back on the road.

People have used; E 30 spare tire wells-

You can have a full size spare.

Might be easier to find.

Should be a thread here on the FAQ.

Good Luck !

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Thats a K&N, came with the car. I also have the stock one.

Dont know how restrictive it would be, but I have see similar but smaller ones on minis set up the same way. And that one on there is the size of civic cold air intake.

68' 2002 DD

I know what a k&n is. Even if you saw this kind on other cars, IT IS restrictive as hell.

Go on their web site and use the calculator, it will tell you the surface area of the filter you need so it will not be restrictive. All you need is to enter few parameters such as engine size.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

It shows 3 by 3.5 at 5500 RMP. This thing is a tad smaller.

I honestly think that a stock air box with an after-market filter and the snorkel will do just fine at higher RPM. I dont want to mode this thing or anything like that, she is too old for that. All that Ill do to it is the brakes, springs, shocks and bushings.

68' 2002 DD