• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator hose sale @ Autohaus Arizona

Mike Self

If you need hoses, check their prices....and free shipping if you order more than $50 worth of parts...sale is on thru 30 June

No affiliation, just happy with their service and prices...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I missed out on that one! Just replaced all the hoses on my '73tii...really, really "fun" (NOT) job! :-)

BTW, I ordered a clamp kit from Bav Auto along with the hoses and there were "none" of the middle sized clamps in the packet, so I had to reuse some old clamps...some were even stamped "USA" (heaven forbid!) :-)

As I recall, when I installed Hugo's new hoses I bought clamps from the dealer and they were better quality generally.

Those replacing hoses, be sure you have the proper clamps if you want the Roundel stamped on them and proper sizes "before" you replace the hoses!

Mike, where would you recommend buying clamps?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

I am working on getting these into a package.

that would be great if you would persue more kitting of parts for the 02. there are so many opportunities to help the DIY crowd to merely replace as a unit and be able to know that everything needed is in one tidy ziplock bag.

nuts,bolts,washers come to mind.

being able to order a kit to reassemble a rear trailing arm, or a pedal box, or reassemble the timing covers and oil pan (there's bolt or two there not used anywhere else), or the doors. the list goes on and on.

in fact, when i have time, as i disassemble an area, i assemble my own kit from my replated bits and pieces and label accordingly, then i toss the dirty bits in my carboard box for the Cd platers.

kits would spare the drudgery of going through the parts manual.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

1. The early one bbls with small heater core and straight lower radiator outlet (68-71)

2. Later one bbls with the larger heater core (71-72)

3. 2 bbl carb with larger heater core (late 72 on)

4. tii's and their variants.

5. Maybe more!

Phew...

mike

Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

2002Haus has a tii kit

I think Bill was talking "clamp kits" to accompany the hose kits...lots of suppliers offer hose kits. But, I've found a total lack of accuracy in the clamp sets.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

1. The early one bbls with small heater core and straight lower radiator outlet (68-71)

2. Later one bbls with the larger heater core (71-72)

3. 2 bbl carb with larger heater core (late 72 on)

4. tii's and their variants.

5. Maybe more!

Phew...

mike

Bill, on a related subject, it would be nice if you could also do chrome bumper bolt kits for both shortie and long versions.

When I was getting together parts for doing the bumpers on my car, I called all the usual suspects in the US, including Maximillian, and no one could put together a set of all the bolts, nuts and clips needed (I was planning on doing 71-73 bumpers at the time). Wound up getting the kits from Jaymic at the other side of the pond, and they had every single piece needed. Might be worth your while.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Bill, don't forget that early roundies had cad plate carriage bolts that hold the center bumper section to the side sections. They didn't switch to chrome until sometime during 1970 or possibly '71. And those carriage bolts come in two lengths, too.

And...those carriage bolts are the same ones used to hold the bumper brackets to the body on 68-72 cars, but the '73s use long 10 or 12mm bolts that go all the way thru the frame rails. The '73s also use two rubber spacers on the bumper end-to-fender bolts vs one on the 68-72 cars...

mike