• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The O S@!$ project. My 72' 02

Just got my first BMW ever. Pulled it out of the middle of no where (Healdsburg, CA) and excited to start some serious work on it. Pictures to come.

OH, By the way my name is Tyler i'm from Northern California and i'm new to this site and blogging in general and am interested in sharing ideas and knowledge about 02's and parts.

72' 2002

72' Chevy Step-side

Theres rust but not tooo much to handle. Mainly on the passenger side floor pan, a bit on the drivers side and just underneath the bumper on the from clip.

Paid 600 bucks for it and after the fuel pump was replaced and a new water pump it runs fine except for the fact its picking up crap from the tank so the carb will have to get cleaned and the tank too.

72' 2002

72' Chevy Step-side

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

More progress. I got front and rear sway bars from STSuspensions and have on order Eibach lowering springs. Have one side of the motor mounted need to figure out the other side. Finally got rid of the motor and tranny, I traded it for a 320i lsd. Now i'm just looking for complete axle shafts.

To Do's:

- Body work!!

- Interior

- Install Headliner

- Get Black carpet ordered

- Door panel back and clips (so i can reinstall the vinyl covers and paint them black)

- Finish the F@!#%&* Motor

72' 2002

72' Chevy Step-side