• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wire Guide - what for & where?

lsixt

See attached.

Car is 1974 2002 with Air/conditioning.

Not sure where this goes?

Also, I have a "aftermarket" air/dryer. The rest of the A/C is factory. The dryer has an in and out port. What I don't know is which hose connects to what on the dryer? I have the factory install guide, but it doesn't identify the in or out on the dryer. Since my dryer doesn't look anything like factory, I'm not sure on the hose hookup.

Thanks in advance,

Len

post-1447-13667579745945_thumb.gif

what you are showing has nothing to do with the air conditioning system.

the bracket with the round plastic bushing is attached to the firewall just behind the carburetor. the accelerator rod (or whatever the exact name is) is supported on one end through that bushing.

the other bracket with the clamplike plastic fitting i would guess supports the original colored rubber tubing that is/was part of the emissions system.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I didn't know for sure what the part in the photo was, or if it had to do with the A/C.

Thanks for your input! Another mystery solved!

I'm still trying to figure out the In/Out ports on the air dryer though.

Best,

Len

I'm not sure, are you talking about receiver dryer under the hood w/AC lines to & from it ? If so, it has short line from bottom of condensor up front to it, then other side is smaller of 2 hoses going to firewall inside the car.

2002 owner since 1980

I'm talking about the thing that has the window on it to see the bubbles when you charge the system. Mine is not stock and it basically has an in and an out hookup.

I don't know which direction to put the hoses. One goes to the condenser - outside front grill, and the other goes to the evaporator assembly inside the car. So the hose that goes from the condenser to the dryer, does is go to the in port of the dryer or the out port????

That's my issue.

Thanks,

Len