• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

someone stole my Quien Sabe Rd signs!

dubois

We were invaded by 100,000 bikers this weekend in Hollister, and I was showing my friend from Orange County, how peaceful it could be just 10 minutes away from the madness, so we took a drive to my personal Nurburgring. The signs on this pictures are gone! LOST!!!!

Encountered just 2 cars on the track, and the scenery as always, stunning. In summer it turns this goldish color. The only problem with the drive is that I took the wrong car! (my E36 - booooring!) - way too quiet.

I wish I had taken my 02....

standard.jpg

FAQ Member # 91

We were invaded by 100,000 bikers this weekend in Hollister, and I was showing my friend from Orange County, how peaceful it could be just 10 minutes away from the madness, so we took a drive to my personal Nurburgring. The signs on this pictures are gone! LOST!!!!

Encountered just 2 cars on the track, and the scenery as always, stunning. In summer it turns this goldish color. The only problem with the drive is that I took the wrong car! (my E36 - booooring!) - way too quiet.

I wish I had taken my 02....

standard.jpg

Just a comment about the e36 part. My e36 have been sitting in the garage for too long that my 6 months old battery is officially DEAD now. I don't know about these 02s man, they definitely have a strong personality.

hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

Run battery tender on your M3. All the electronics need power.... I have no issues letting the car sit now.

Boring? Hmm your M3 must be stock. Dial in that suspension (shocks,springs,sways) and they really are fun.

Thanks for the help!

My M is supercharged my man 303rwhp (not that fast, but OK) :) with konis/eibach for good measures :) what does that tell you about the 02?

hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

Run battery tender on your M3. All the electronics need power.... I have no issues letting the car sit now.

Boring? Hmm your M3 must be stock. Dial in that suspension (shocks,springs,sways) and they really are fun.

Thanks for the help!

My M is supercharged my man 303rwhp (not that fast, but OK) :) with konis/eibach for good measures :) what does that tell you about the 02?

hamada

My M3 is bone stock and "only" 240 hp - it moves with authority and it out handles my 02 - still is a great car. Maybe I should not say it is "boring", but not as exciting as my 02. Ironically more hp is not the remedy either - on the contrary!

I don't know what it is, but there is something magical about these little boxy cars. What is routine for a M3, it is actually more fun in a 2002! If I then go faster in the M3, then it turns into a big blur, with things happening too fast for my senses to catch up. All I could say is "wow that was fast" much different than "wow, that was fun".

FAQ Member # 91

Ironically more hp is not the remedy either - on the contrary!

I don't know what it is, but there is something magical about these little boxy cars. What is routine for a M3, it is actually more fun in a 2002! If I then go faster in the M3, then it turns into a big blur, with things happening too fast for my senses to catch up. All I could say is "wow that was fast" much different than "wow, that was fun".

Indeed. I love driving the 318ti with only 140 bhp up and down twisties because it is a challenge to do it well. With the newer cars, there's no challenge. They go really fast, they handle really well. But, there's no soul....

"wow, that was fun".

FUN!!

I think that is the key word that seems to infuse all of our praises of the 02's. They are just fun to drive. Betcha can't drive one without smiling!!

drive.gifdrive.gifdrive.gifdrive.gifdrive.gifdrive.gifdrive.gif

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours