• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this gem worth?

The rust on the outside = lots of rust on the inside....

Not always, my car is pretty rusty on the outside, but pretty clean and solid underneath (salty hawaiian air, but no winter).

If that car has been thru a couple pennsylvania winters, then yeah its likely not worth fixing at all.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If ya buy it and need an engine let me know. I have a spare from a 76 up in the poconos... If ya dont buy it let me know and I will:-) I'm in the mood for a parts car!

KC

...do you wash your underpants while wearing them in the shower ? (C.D. - 5/28/2009)

I just got rid of my camaro so im looking for a car to replace its space. So i got the space. The dash looks good but it is cracked in the center. Ill have to go back and take a better look at the car and get more pics. Ill be sure to get the vin this time. the steering wheel is pretty cool but its like peeling all over it.

2002 VW passat

WANTED: BMW 2002

Firstly, i dont think its a 71 as they had round tail lights amongst other things. That would be a 74 or later. It looks interesting though as it has the european spec bumpers which werent normal in the US.

It's an odd car for sure. It has an early front, and there's something odd about the rear end. If I was betting man, I would say someone has fitted square taillights onto a roundie rear panel. It's not a square rear panel - the square panel has a chrome strip between the bottom corners of the square lights; the early panel has the chrome strip going between the top of the round lights - about where that one is on that car.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Firstly, i dont think its a 71 as they had round tail lights amongst other things. That would be a 74 or later. It looks interesting though as it has the european spec bumpers which werent normal in the US.

It's an odd car for sure. It has an early front, and there's something odd about the rear end. If I was betting man, I would say someone has fitted square taillights onto a roundie rear panel. It's not a square rear panel - the square panel has a chrome strip between the bottom corners of the square lights; the early panel has the chrome strip going between the top of the round lights - about where that one is on that car.

Your right Les, Good spotting - i should have looked more closely. I only just noticed the BMW badge on the rear panel and not the bootlid. I think the rear lights might have been changed too when someone wanted to "update the look"

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

$100

I'd say -$100. I don't see any redeeming value - 3 of the wheels are interesting, maybe the 2 piece dash is in better shape than most. Yes minus $100. (they will have to pay me $100 to pick it up and dispose of it)

FAQ Member # 91

As many have said this car is interesting indeed and it is a euro spec, no doubt about it (no reflectors, euro side markers, lux style interior, euro bumpers, etc.).

I agree with the folks who say it used to have roundtails on it. There is enough evidence to support that with the trim, badges and apparent roundie hole that was covered up.

The rear bumper alone is worth $100-$150 and appears to be in good shape. There isn't much else worth saving though. The body would be expensive to bring back and you have to do a complete refresh on all the mechanicals. You will get in way over your head if you decide to keep/restore but, there are a few parts that would sell on this car like that rear bumper. There's an entire list of people here who would buy this off of you. If you can get it for $100 it's worth it and tow it home but in my opinion you will only make a couple of hundred off of it and still have to dispose of the rest.

if the front headlight buckets are the deep euro ones and aren't rusted through I'd buy those off of you :)

I would say that it is worth around 8,000-20,000 dollars. (in repair bills)

That thing is a junkyard special. I would expect that you too would soon be looking for someone to get it out of your yard as well.

Beside the steering wheel, is there a single salvagable part?

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

The foglights on the bumper appear to be Cibie Oscars, those are worth quite a lot cleaned up.

Parts-car only, I'd guess, but there's a few parts worth saving. You'll end up selling the bulk of it to the local scrap metal place.

I looked at my interior color samples (real swatches with the real-deal vinyl and fabrics) and see that this particular car still sports its original seats in tobacco brown with fabric inserts. Another rarity

FWIW, the fabric was once the exact same shade as the vinyl.

I recently saw an original Golf '73 with black vinyl and fabric inserts. Nice!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

The owner said something about how it was a european version or something.

That is always what they say.

Slap a stick-on roundel or M-badge on something and then say how it is some European model.

The VIN will tell the tale of what the car REALLY is.

Since you are new and chomping at the bit to get a car, be patient.

Spend your time doing research and planning out what you want your car to be (or become). Be painfully honest with yourself as to what your abilities and budget are. Good cars are out there.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes