• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this gem worth?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and look for a better car to actually restore.

this one is too far gone.

I agree. I would say that you can find yourself a really nice car if you hold out - but if you have a few hundred extra I'd buy that car because of the little bits. The wheels (check the spare for the 4th), the bumpers are really valuble - not for resale KEEP THEM FOR YOURSELF... everyone wants them only here's the secret... try buying a set.. they are very hard to come by.

Get the car, take the front & rear subframes, some wiring, that fuse box, wires, suspension, bumpers, lights, etc. and look for a nice roundie with a sunroof. I picked up a nice 71 car with a sunroof. It's got some rust but not bad and it's a perfect resto car. It was $500. Sell what you can on this car, keep those bumpers, check the rear end (look at that speedo on the dash there may be a LSD in the rear) and keep looking.

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

If you decide to part it out can you let me know? I'm local and possibly interested in the yellow fog lights. True it is an odd car, and definately post '71 and a half, except for the "upgrades" - wooden dash, square taillights. strange.

If the car is really rusty you may be better off trying to locate a rust free shell if you want to bring it back to its former glory. One thing that's nearly certain you will not recoup most of the money you put into it.

71+1/2 2002 "henrietta"

69 2002 parts car red

'84 R80ST back on the road again

Seriously man, I can smell the mildew in the interior from here. And feel the paint chips going under my fingernails.

What a crime to let a car get this bad. I like the extreme lengths the owner went with the rear end though. Putting the roundel near the lights and not on top of the trunk looks alright.

Somebody contact Keith Kreeger and see if he would like to take on another project!

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

I'm thinking about getting it but honestly the only things i would be interest on it are the trans the bumpers and the front fogs cause i actually found an auto one close to me but the front and rear bumpers are rusted beyond belief. Id be more than happy to pay for the car take the bumpers and maybe the trans if someone is willing to take the rest of the car for free...

2002 VW passat

WANTED: BMW 2002

I would actually hold onto it for more than just the bumpers. It looks like everything is still there and could make a pretty decent parts car. Minus the body panels and interior. Once you are finished with the good car than this one could easily be passed on to the next guy.

$200 would be money well spent for just the bumpers.