• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How would these wheels look on a 2002?

m20ohtwo

How would they look?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How would they look?

• Sweet!
    • Not my cup of tea

painted steel wheel, the main drawback would be an awful lot of offset for fender lips and front wheel bearings, and guys in lowered Chevys wanting to drag race ya.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

on a flared car done right i think theyd be badass. i would probably just run the widened steelies and forget the moons. you couldnt just throw them on any car though.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Those smoothies are better for complimenting the style of a round and curvy car, like a VW Beetle or Chevy Bel Air.

An 02 has no curves. It is a box, so the smooth wheels will look out of place.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Those smoothies are better for complimenting the style of a round and curvy car, like a VW Beetle or Chevy Bel Air.

+1

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

maybe with not so big of an offset, flared out and painted satin black like a rat rod = kickass. don't forget the whitewall tires :)

On a regular 02? No. You're looking for opinions and mine would be a definite no.

So, by the same token, round lights are out of place, and squaries look much better.

Just buy minilites, like most everyone else.

So, by the same token, round lights are out of place, and squaries look much better.

Honestly, I think so. Perhaps I'm biased, but the squaretails blend with the car better.

But really, I don't drive a 2002 for the aesthetics anyways. My fine paint job says it all.

If I wanted to have a car that looks good, I'd buy a Jaguar (looking for one to grab sometime).

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I vote yes.

When I purchased my '73tii back in '01, I acquired two sets of 14" wheels:

A set of 14" x 5.5" 2000CS wheels with NOS "dog-dish" hubcaps w/BMW Roundels.

After having them blasted and powderocated, I sold them to Dave Hoovler for his Colorado '71.

Also, I got four 14" 2000CS wheels that had been widened to at least 6". No hubcaps, but I though they'd look cool...quite similar to what you've posted here.

Problem with steel wheels is they're so freakin' heavy!!!!

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com