• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst Parking Job Ever!

aspire2002

I've had my doors dinged before, but have never been in a situation where I saw it happen or knew enough to say the car next to me did it or not. Bumpers, same situation.

The only time I've gone off on someone was when I saw some woman with a bunch of rivets on her jeans leaning onto my car to place a flier under the windshield wiper. Even though it was posted that this was illegal in the parking lot, she was doing it for her religious group. I informed her she was in the wrong, she told me I was a communist from Russia and that this was America and she could do whatever she wanted. I informed her again she was in the wrong, that Russia was now a democratic government, showed her the scratches her jeans put in my car, the sign that stated what she was doing was illegal, called the transit police, who showed up just as I was making her cry. They thought I attacked her or something. Her fliers were meet with poor reception and people coming home from a long days work were finding them on their cars, and just throwing them on the ground. They were then flying into nearby residents yards making a huge mess that they had to clean up.

In the end, my scratches were never repaired. Her religious group claimed they told it's members to obey the law (even though I had gotten these same fliers several times before). At least the police cited her though. They should have made her pick up all the damned fliers out of the residents yards though in my opinion.

Point is I guess, if you're not going to just leave me a note with your info on it, take down my License plate number if you have a real grievance and make me suffer monetarily, you've not really made your point. You've just made me think there is some prick out there who had a bad day and took it out on my car.

jwcurry already said it, but life is more important than my car. Sure it's an expensive hobby (what hobby is cheap right?) and having someone else shit on it sucks, but if you have the means by which to punish the offender (their license plate??) then go after their pocket book. I'm not going to argue the whole eye for an eye thing, or two wrongs making a right. It's my belief that for the most part, the general populace is stubborn in their beliefs and it takes quite a bit to move or sway them. Much more than can ever usually be done on a public forum like this.

Now, everyone kick back, poor yourself a beer (or other flavorful beverage) sit back, look at your car, take a deep breath, and smile. :)

Oh yea, and then there was that time I pulled a bus over for almost hitting me when he ran a red light and got in a yelling match with the transit agent in front 2 police officers, but that's another story :)

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images