• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restuffing Original Seats, need ideas and source...help

kubes

I want to keep the original seats for my '76. I have been quoted $900-2500 locally (Boston area) for vinyl and leather covers and new pads, with labor for just the front. I bit more than I wanted to spend.

I found World Upholstery http://www.worlduph.com/bmw1.htm who has the covers and front pads. The covers are not too bad about $350/vinyl but the pads are $250/each and there is no rear seat pads. I am thinking that HD foam would be better and less expensive.

I am looking for ideas on either where to source the pads (foam ok) or how to cut / fit my own pads. I have read the FAQ http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/26/32/, but need more info or picture on how to shape the foam. Also does the foam need a backing between it and the springs? Are there other suppliers for covers too?

Thanks!!!!!

Phil

'76 2002 Fjord Almost Stock Summer Driver

'76 2002 Project

'75 2002 Parts

Guest Anonymous

I used the seat pads from a early 80’s 320, same seat shape and the horse hair padding has more rubber infused and want break down like the stock 76 do, I got mine at the local pick&pull for around 30 dollars for both seats.

i have a set of OEM pads, unused for 74-76 cars, that i bought off ebay a year or so ago. you can have them for what i paid which is about half what you were quoted. front seats only, complete padding

jerryallsmanATyahooDOTcom

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa