• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

found 02 in the garage after a year of sitting...

robspeed

nice to find it there after having left it over a year ago... surprisingly free of rodentia. the 10+year old optima battery ive got under the back seat charged right up and is still going strong (enough!). changed the oil in it for the first time literally in years (been topping up with ATF in emergency mode) and that felt good. the 02 is so wonderful to work on compared to the FWD jetta, not to mention drive if its not too hot here in bama (jetta a/c wins). i left jenna in indiana and am down here in bama to get the house ready to sell. it looks like jenna is going to be in a therapeutic group home in carbondale, IL and cooper and I will be in indianapolis, IN near her parents, for a variety of reasons, for the forseeable future. anyone who knows my history with the inlaws would be shocked by that fact but they are being supercool lately. i cant get to the jennaishealed.org site due to hosting issues otherwise id update that too. emotionally its been absolute hell, i feel like ive been thrown off a building and i fight the daily urge to just burn the house down rather than fix it up to sell... my dad is on his way from cali to help out with it and im getting some other local help on the whole project. the house is like a museum of pain right now as i gather up and pack all our stuff, clean up, etc. been offline for the past three weeks and am at a borrowed puter at the moment. should be back in cali in mid-august to see my doctor/s and then its back to indiana to be near/with jenna... just in case anyone is still paying attention to the jenna/rob saga around here.. ;)

Still paying attention, Rob, and still lifting you guys up. Not as much as I should, but still doing it when I think of you. I checked out your blog a couple of months ago, and it's good to get an update. Hang in there...

And it was good to get my '02 started for the first time in a year, too. Found a weeping wheel cylinder, so I couldn't bring it on our summer travels like I'd hoped, but hopefully I'll still get to drive it this summer.

Blessings,

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Rob,

email me at bimmerguru at yahoo.com if you need a place to put your 02 or Jetta up here in Indiana. I'm just 10 minutes north of Terre Haute (about 1 hour or so from Indy). I have a nearly empty 60x100 pole barn and some other out buildings in which to put the car.

Just trying to think of a way I can help you while you're up here in IN. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help make any of this easier.

Regards,

Jamie

good to hear from you Rob. Funny, I was thinking today, I had not seen you posting in a looong time. I am 02 less at the moment, but you still owe me a QS drive - maybe when you get back to CA... bst wishes!

MD

FAQ Member # 91

Rob, my son attended a therapeutic group home in Carbondale a couple of years ago (I'm sure it's the same one, there aren't many there). His challenges are fairly different than Jenna's, but let me know if I can be of any help with anything. Our son is now living with us in San Francisco.

You can email me offline at phuber@firewoodsf.com

Good luck with everything. 2002s sure are wonderful therapy. I got a little today switching out a bad filler throat on the Colorado...

Paul Huber

2000 Touring tii in 1/18 scale

a couple of hours east in Dayton and have a nice active 02 group between Dayton, Cincy, Indy and Columbus...we're planning a GTG prob for early-mid Sept. so watch this space.

And...y'all have been on the prayer list at our church since the week after Jenna's accident...hang in there.

Cheers from OhiO

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Rob, I keep thinking of you 3 as well. Good luck with all of your efforts to help your wife and to keep things running smoothly for your son. If you can make it to Ohio, we'd love to show you our hospitality. Take the '02 out for a LOT of drive therapy if at all possible.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz