• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

found 02 in the garage after a year of sitting...

robspeed

Guest Anonymous

Thanks all!! I was actually trying to figger out what to do with the jetta/02 since storage space where we are going to be is at a premium, so i might take up the storage offer. :) just came back over here to the other house with the internet connex (jenna's brother's wife's parents' house) to find a phone # and thought id check in... im under some pressure to sell the 02 but i aint gonna!! anyways, the 02 is back in the garage on a trickle charger, its 100,000 deg.F in the shade here and im driving a borrowed (from same family) chebby 4x4 pickup with working a/c ... filled the tank from a little under halfway and it was $50! has a quarter million miles on it ... interesting driving a truck as my general compunction is to get as close to the ground as possible, not jacked into the air. finally found the title to the jetta however, so i will get that registered here in bama finally and be able to drive a sipper rather than a guzzler (both with a/c, although the jetta is actually stronger a/c wise.)

jenna is still awaiting her entry into the refab facility, and im going to try to get up there some time near this coming weekend, just for a few days for a visit then back to bama and back to work on the house. hooge project, this frickin house and just in time for the mortgtage market to collapse!! $@#$%(** ;-p

-RJC

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

made it back to indiana in the jetta (8-hour drive). was a lot of work preparing it for the trip. among other things, i pulled, cleaned and red-locktited the drive flange-->cv axle bolts in so they would never back out, flushed the cooling system (twice--had to go back in to replace bad thermostat), rechecked and torqued all the other bolts i had gotten into with the transmission transplant, thoroughly cleaned and waxed her (was sitting out in the sun for a year), etc etc...

Jenna is doing MUCH MUCH MUCH better, as am I. doing all the work on the jetta was immesurably therapeutic for me as now i feel fantastic and on top of it all, instead of under it all... the 02 is now off the insurance so its going into the garage for the time being and we will be jetta-only for the rest of the time we will be in alabama. we (dad and I) will be going back to finish the house on monday.

feeling incredibly thankful and grateful for our families, for cooper, and everything else. i tell jenna she is like a war hero to me, having survived all this and now coming back strong. the therapy is supposed to really transform her and if my experience with the jetta preparation work is any indication, all that therapy work will do wonders for her. life has really turned around and things are really looking up!! id get up and dance but nobody wants to see that!! ;-p

-RJC

Rob, what a great post from you!

I'm so glad Jenna is doing better.

Keep at it, and know there is a whole group of people here on your side.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Guest Anonymous
Rob, what a great post from you!

I'm so glad Jenna is doing better.

Keep at it, and know there is a whole group of people here on your side.

John

yah! our internet family is the best! i am loving indiana. got to see the 284-ft war memorial thing downtown and was stunned! colossal!! also drove out US40 into the glowing cornfields just to the west of plainfield and found some nice tree-lined twisties, old country graveyards (a jenna favorite), and just miles and miles of nice. which is so nice! so far we have lived in cali, me in new york, deep south, seen l.a. (dont need to live there), and now the midwest. next we might try the PNW or new england or the desert southwest, ... just for variety and spice of lifery... ;-p