• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Problems with valve adjustment

scestes

The machine shop I took the head to builds race heads for the most part. He knows all the parts and I talked to him many times about different parts and options before he even actually started work. I really trust his knowledge. The head came with shrick springs when I bought the car, and he threw those back on after testing them (I thought he had perhaps changed the springs but I was wrong). He's telling me the recoil behind these springs is a little above what the stock springs are, but that they're nothing that can overpower the eccentrics. He said he's got engines out there running double springs with the same eccentrics without issue, and that billets can sometimes be a bad investment depending on the ones you're buying and the application you're using them for.

The Eccentrics are already ordered and should be here this week. I'm headed out of town to New Orleans late Wed night, so if they don't get here during Wed, it's going to have to wait until next week I guess. I really hope changing the eccentrics solves the problem.

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images