• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: Pictures of side exit exhaust, in front of rw

Getting close to doing my exhaust on my 68 restoration/performance project. Thinking of doing something a little different, but not totally new to the world. Side exit exhaust just in front of the passenger rear wheel. I've searched previous posts and seen some discussion, but not really any good pictures of actual side exit exhaust. Please post or email me direct at werrea@comcast.net.

Thanks,

Anthony

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

I wouldn't recommend it. I had duals that exited in front of the rear wheels on an el-camino and it dumped exhaust right into the cab. It would look pretty sick on an 02 though.

19a115b7-9760-47c1-af9f-560c2d06e095_zps6ad53ab7.jpg

73 M2 evolving project

77 Datsun 620 king cab hauler

09 XR1200

77 XS650

78 SR500

half dozen ct70s

other wheeled madness

Not sure how you use your car, but if you make your exhaust exit on the driver's side then you'll be okay to pass the sound requirements at Laguna Seca. The sound check station is on the passenger side and you'd be aiming right at the microphone....

Just a thought... ;-)

-s

Shad

'70 2002 #671 "Bimmerschmitt"

'70 2002 BADUDA aka 'Wall Art'

'72 2002 #672 Sold

'73 2002 Sold

'79 528i Daily Driver (future ETC Clone)

Not sure how you use your car, but if you make your exhaust exit on the driver's side then you'll be okay to pass the sound requirements at Laguna Seca. The sound check station is on the passenger side and you'd be aiming right at the microphone....

Just a thought... ;-)

That reminds me. We need to redo my exhaust once I fix my valve adjustment problem. :)

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

Sure dude...No problem. Just bring it to the club house when you're ready so I'm not lugging the welder around. Open pipe, right? Mufflers are heavy... ;)

-s

Shad

'70 2002 #671 "Bimmerschmitt"

'70 2002 BADUDA aka 'Wall Art'

'72 2002 #672 Sold

'73 2002 Sold

'79 528i Daily Driver (future ETC Clone)

Sure dude...No problem. Just bring it to the club house when you're ready so I'm not lugging the welder around. Open pipe, right? Mufflers are heavy... ;)

They sure are. I just got rid of some extra weight out of the car too. You'd be proud. There was a box of paper clips under the passenger seat. GONE NOW! :) But yea, no muffler :) From your experience, route in front of tire, or behind the tire? Pro's and Con's of both please?

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

• 4 years later...