• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good friend going to the dark side (2000CS coupe)

SteveJ

A good friend of mine, who happens to be an ex-02 owner and a pretty damn good wrench, has been passing a 2000CS that has been sitting for over a year. He finally contacted the owner and found that it IS for sale.

Engine is out of the car while the owner repaired rust on the front subframe. Only minor spots of rust in the common areas were all my friend could see. Towers, rails, etc all looked in tact.

WWCAD? (What Would CarolAnn Do?) Should he run into the light or away from the light? If a train leaves Chicago and another leaves New York...

What are the ballpark ranges for these beasts? I don't think my friend nor the owner have a true idea of the value. Where should he look?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

New "Bimmer" magazine (October 2007) has a 1967-76 BMW market update. Which includes information on the coupes. May be some help.

Interesting 02 information too..

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

WWCAD? (What Would CarolAnn Do?)

2000cs prices are more like 2002 prices than 3.0cs prices in almost every way. Compared to e9 prices, the range is wider, like 2002 prices, depending upon condition and it starts a lot lower.

A decent project with no motor, minimal rust, needs attention on the body and interior? More than $500 and less than $2k?

Great little cars.

Who the hell is CarolAnn?

EDIT: a really nice -- not perfect -- but really nice 2000cs is in the double digits, but it starts with a "1". A similar condition 3.0 starts with a "2" or maybe even a "3".

I hope it wasn't this love nest as seen at Import Carlisle 2003 !?

Automatics much more common than stick shift.

And good lUCk with those power windows! ...talk about

window GAPS !!

21-5525571.JPG

21-2308952.JPG

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

There's a black/red 2000CS in The City that I see driving around Upper Market near Castro. It's an unrestored black plate car and shows a lot of care for being 40 years old.

I saw it again yesterday. I heard that M10 and instinctively turned to see it round a corner coming toward me...magnificent!

Would it be more difficult to source parts than an '02?

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

• 4 years later...

Hello Norm,

I am new to this forum, this is my first post / reply, and a first-time BMW owner. I bought a 1968 2000CS back in April in Phoenix. I live in Alaska but my son lives there as he is a student at UTI. The car has not been started in 22 years. I had my son get it moved (on a flatbed) to a secure storage unit and I visited him and the car the first of September '11.

I love the car but was going to just sell it and give up on the idea, during a brief moment of clarity! Then we worked on it a little, as much as we could at 116 degrees in a storage unit with no electricity. This was a mistake as the evil Siren got into my head and now the car is on its way to Anchorage, AK so I can figure out what to do with it. I think I can just get it running, fix a couple of rust areas and drive it some (summer only of course). But I feel a need to cut it up and make a rally car!! Oh, what to do?

Anyway, we sure love your car. Had I not seen a picture of yours, I may not have decided to haul it home. Here is a link to photo bucket of some pics I took in Phoenix last month.

http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j461/1968bmw

Regards,

Rob Holland

1968 2000CS

In the land of the midnight sun