• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A big thanks!

ibjettin

To all those that helped me over the past year with my 02 and getting it to where it is today. I could try to list the names of all the members here on the FAQ that have gone out of their way to help me out but I wouldn't know where to begin. I return the favor as much as I can and couldn't thank you enough.

This past weekend I got my car on the road again, it turns out my TDC was still off even after checking several times. It goes to show that you need to step away from things to get another set of eyes to help. Mike Kubani was kind enough to come by with Julio and take a look and got my car running like a champ. I will still need to get the mixture adjusted a bit, but I was able to take it out on Saturday and enjoy a much needed drive. The past year has been crazy with not only the car but also with the little addition to our family. Taking time away from them to wrench has been hard, but I can now look forward to taking them out for a nice drive.

I'm still not finished, there are still little things I need to take care of but at least I'm at the point where I can "tinker" ;)

Thanks again to everyone on this board that has helped me get to this point! I REALLY could not have built this car without all your help. I uploaded more pics on my blog page:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,272432/start,120/

Jerry, I was very close to hitting up the Brinks truck that I see every Monday morning on my way to work. I still think about it, but for now that option is on hold ;)

post-1228-1366758075842_thumb.jpg

There'll be plenty of time for wrenching and yardwork and stuff when the kids are grown. If you run your priorities wrong and finish the car first, you'll look pretty stupid trying to take your 16 year old kids to Chuckie Cheese. Enjoy the here and now.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Guest Anonymous

Very Nice!!!

I'm doing a car with/for my son..who turns 15 in a month.

It's "for him" when he is of driving age. ;-)

Yours looks great! Congrats!!

Guest Anonymous

Very Nice!!!

I'm doing a car with/for my son..who turns 15 in a month.

It's "for him" when he is of driving age. ;-)

Yours looks great! Congrats!!

great news brian. glad it was something silly after all.

now, about that pump and injectors.....;)

anyhow, i think you really put together a great looking package with your car and you know what a 'fuddy-duddy' i can be, to actually admit that. it really looks good, and i mean that.

now, if only i could find the time to figure my charging issue out, and get it resprayed....

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Very nice! As Steve said and I'm going thru as well, enjoy the now with your new addition. I'm certainly enjoying my 3.5 year old.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Looks sweet Bri! Glad to hear you got it back on the road.

any new pics with the new wheels?

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

Hey Aash,

The picture here and the ones on my blog are the new wheels ;) - I went with Julio on Saturday and got them mounted/balanced and slapped them on. Not much different than the RM's except the center caps (and weight). These are the ones I got from Dave at Aardvark.

Well, thank you very much Brian and Julio,

I have to say that it was my pleasure to help out my new friends! It is always a great feeling to put another 2002 back on the road!

And then to see Brian cruising around later that evening was an even bigger pleasure. Brought a big smile to my face!!

Good Luck,

Mike (#87)

Mike,

You were a BIG life saver this weekend I learned a lot from just those few hours. I was telling Brian in the "Fiat Alfa community" they do not even come close to the kind of Family like hospitality you get from the O2 group.

Well now we need to plan a group drive one of these weekends.

Jb

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com