• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'tis the season of cool cars on the highways.

SteveJ

Last weekend I drove up I-80 from SF to Sacramento. All the hotrodders were coming and going to Hot August nights in Reno. Lots of cars on trailers (frown), but lots more being driven- Hurray~!

This weekend it will be the Monterey Historics and I'll be driving down 101. Get to see lots more cool cars like the red 72 Alfa GTV this morning.

I'll enjoy it while I can, because next weekend is the hotrod show in Pleasanton. I think this has become more of a trailer (queen) show.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

If you are ever in Southern California on the Weekend, you MUST check out Cars & Coffee in Irvine on every Saturday Morning 7 - 9 am (except this weekend, because of Monterey)

It is the most unbelievable collection of cars showing up each weekend, not some annual show, and it is different each weekend. Classics, exotics, foreign, hot rods, one of a kinds, etc. I am sure many of them will actually be at Pebble Beach. If you are a "car guy" or gal you can't miss it. Check out this link to some pics of the weekend I was there:

http://public.fotki.com/wackydave/cruise_nights/cruise-nights-2007/07-14-07-cars--coffee/

It is a pretty cool site for lots of other car pics, too.

CarsCoffee111-vi.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Going to Hot August Night makes me feel better about how much time and money I spend on my car. There are a lot of people dumber than I am :-) Most of the cars there are simply stunning and I think there are a few that actually get driven on the road. I was hoping to make it to Monterey this weekend, but guests and family plans have foiled my escape. The benefits of living at Tahoe in August,

Dave...

Prep the jet car for city driving

The cars here are unbelievable, just on one block there was an Aston DB8, an M1 and a Porshe Spyder - all in incredible shape.

If BMW is the featured marque next year, those of us on the east coast need to rent one of those friggin big car haulers and get ourselves out here.

On the way to the apartment, passed two 2002s, one Riveria round light and a Verona square light and a couple of coupes. What is sad is there are more Rolls than BMWs, well almost

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

If BMW is the featured marque next year, those of us on the east coast need to rent one of those friggin big car haulers and get ourselves out here.

Next year Bill, we will have to put all the Tourings together..CarsCoffee111-vi.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours