• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the value of a mint 3 piece chrome trimmed dash???

PSloan

Complete w/ the chrome pieces? I've seen them go for anywhere between 200 to 900 and up. It all depends on how much the buyer has been told it's worth by knownothings. This is an extreemly rare find. A person like me could build an entire restoration around a dashboard set like that.

You said 2002ti, is the clock available? Does the dash have the cutout for the clock?

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Mint condition? Dead mint....as in there's no pitting on the chrome pieces?

Easy 1K or more, especially given that a mint uncracked 3 piece can fetch $750. You couldn't pry it from my hands for any less than 1K-1.2K.

I've sold individual NOS chrome pieces......just one individual piece, for over $100 each.

Jerry

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

-------------

i bought my 97% mint chrome-trimmed dash with underpanels (they are unique to the dash) for around $500 and another $250 to ship it from england with insurance (yes it's LHD). bought it from Jon_UK a fellow FAQer.

with the exception of the underpanels you can recreate that type of dash by cutting a normal 3-piece dash just above the heater vents, straight across (i believe that's all the factory did). Then you'll need the trim pieces which includes a built-in ashtray. it's good trim that will make the deal.

btw, Pat, if that guy ever decides to part with the shell and you don't want it, let me know. i have everything i need to clone one except an authentic shell, VIN and engine block.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I offered him 3k for it - it's been sitting for 15 years. There were roaches in the engine. It has metal alpina flares, a red steering box, and a dogleg 5 speed. the interior is garbage the part of the nose is made of bondo. I thought my offer was generous!

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

sounds like that guy in canada who let two ti's rot into the ground rather than part them out or facillitate importing them to the US. that was a true heartbreak for me at the time.

your texas ti sounds like it was a neat car at one time. if it's not rusting away i'm sure he'll find someone to throw money at him someday. at any rate, it's not gonna be a fire-sale or barn find car.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Guest Anonymous

I would say $75 - $100 total and let it rot if he doesnt want to sell it.

Not to insult him but if he is in love with it let him keep it for a few years and then decide if he wants it to go on fleabay.

The biggest problem is....... you are asking him to sell it, and he has not decided he is ready to get rid of it.

ie: sellers market = sucker buyer

3K, and he didn't fall over? Hmmm? If it is as rusty as described, sounds fair for both parties but, when you throw in the mint dash, CR box, QR box, LSD? Rare find, keep us posted.

Best Regards, "Z"

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

I hear that if is it authentic, unless it is rusted in 2 pieces and even then? I would leave him at 3K to stew for a while but, try and do a extensive evaluation in the mean time. CR box from BMW cost 4700!!! If the second gear synchro is bad, count on a bench fee of at least 1K unless you can do it yourself. Cr box, any flat spots? you know seriously evaluate, you spend enough time with these cars, take a VERY CLOSE LOOK!!!! Any race history with those flares? $$$ value in the right market, don't dismiss as lost cause until you do all of your due diligence!!! Even a little race history on a ti will make a big diff in the US.

I wish you the best of luck in landing this fish and if there is anything I can do to help, feel free to drop me a line.

Best regards, "Z"

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt