• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today are the "official" historic races - yesterd

BillWilliams

were the true races!

Yesterday I rode the Qien Sabe with Michael Dubois, Jay Kehoe and oh my. Those boys know how to drive, have a great road to drive on and take advantage of both. Michael gave me a ride in "One of 3", his silver car, and "Bachus", his Malaga car with Jay, Max, Delia, Curt Ingraham, CJ, and Jeff on our tails. I then switched to ride with Jay in is Inka A4 car following Michael, I think we were following.

Seeing speeds " just in excess" of the posted speeds and 6,500 rpms on the tack were common sites. To many of you, that may not be uncommon. But to me, that was a hoot. I can not drive that well and my car probably would fall apart if I drove it like that.

It was a great afternoon on the ranch.

These folks need to drive with the east coast's Mike Pugh and Go Fast Tim Jones sometime.

I will watch.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Cool, I'm envious. Have fun for all us east coast boys stuck at home doing chores!

It is even worse being just 4 1/2 hours away and having to do chores....It is a fun road.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

We normally don't drive like this (it is too exhausting), I wish I had taken more pictures. Everybody behind my car has had more driving schooling than me, I just know these roads and I was glad I was able to share them one more time.

B. W. and Delia

standard.jpg

I just couldn't get people away from the cars and to the food!

standard.jpg

Back from QS (at a stop)

standard.jpg

Bill & Max at QS

standard.jpg

Jeff's Riviera, Chris' Fjord and Curt's Verona.

standard.jpg

FAQ Member # 91

Michael is the UBER-Host!

As always, his hospitality and execution is only surpassed by his next event. If you think it is too far to go to Hollister, or that you could only make it for an hour or so, you should do it.

THANKS MICHAEL (and Laura and Mike)!

Bill, it was great to meet you. I hope you were able to remove the "Quien Sabe" stains.

Max, good to see you again. Thanks for the hat and I'll be waiting for the word on the release of those products.

Paul and Jennifer- nice to meet you two as well. I hope you stayed hydrated out at the track, and no more wrong turns.

Curt, Cris, Delia, Jay, and all- great to spend time with friends.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I am back in hot and humid Maryland.

My head is swimming with things to think about and people to thank.

It was good to finally meet you and also Paul and Jennifer.

We should of taken a group picture - dang!

Our gracious host:

MichaelsDubois70.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Guest Anonymous

Many thanks to Michael for hosting another great drive and feed at the "Ranch". Perfect weather, roads, and comraderie. Very happy to meet Bill, and to see Max again. I hope the trip West was productive, as well as fun. Next trip, Bill takes the left seat! Thanks again Michael, and friends, for a memorable (02)FEST-orics wknd.