• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

look what followed me home

norm

"Brody: You're gonna need a bigger boat."

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Boy, that takes me waaaaay back. I can almost smell it and hear it. Really nice, used to waterski behind one of those. More years ago than I want to admit.

You guys got a "touring"?? As in '02 touring??

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Proverbs from mechanics that have worked on our boats...

"The two happiest days in a mans life are the day he buys a boat, and the day he sells it."

"If you can't take a joke, don't buy a boat"

I hope your new boat brings you many days of happiness and costs you very little over the long haul. Having been around boats since my teens, I can say some of the best times I ever spent with my family were at Lake Havasu with out boat.

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

One word of advice from someone in the boat trailer biz. Repack your wheel bearings right away, it's easy and a burned out bearing will lead to disaster, other wise what a cool find the boat looks like it was well loved by its previous owners.

P.S. if you can get the bearing and seal numbers I'll send you a set if we stock them as a boat warming gift.

Marty

Don't worry about the world ending today,

Hell it's already tomorrow in Australia.

16 foot Carter Craft and a similar vintage Coronet. Is that a '59 Evinrude? That was the last year for the 35 hp engines; they went to 40 in 1960...my Carter Craft had a 40 hp Evinrude Lark on it. I grew up in Ft Lauderdale with boats...sold my Carter Craft when I went off to college in 1962, and didn't get another boat 'till 40 years later, in 2002.

Where were Tolley Craft boats made? If it's wood, be sure and check for dry rot around the transom...hate to see that mint outboard fall off while underway!

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Your right, the motor is a 35 "Big Twin" Evinrude that just had it's water pump, fuel pump, and ignition coils replaced. The motor is perfect. New tires. The trailer is a 1960 Mastercraft with original hubcaps. Thanks for the bearing offer. Tollycrafts are from Washington and it is rare to find one of the older, smaller boats.

Anybody in the Sacramento area want to go boating

Norm,

Looks great! i hope to take a few hour cruse with yo the next time I'm in town

Here's my mom swigin one back in a Chris Craft.

Note the Ferrari Earings

John

post-70-13667581212582_thumb.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Norm, if you come across an "Estes" boat, please snap as many pictures as you can and get me their phone number. My grandfather had a boat shop in Old Sacramento and manufactured a fair number of boats in that area when my father was in his teens I think. Most of them were small cabin cruisers, but he manufactured a fair number of flat bottom race boats as well. (Still kicking myself for not saving that F-Runabout that was in my parents back yard for so many years).

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

Tollycrafts were made in Bellingham Washington and didn't make wood boats for very long before switching to fiberglass. In about 1975 one of my old high school buddies and I got a contract to round up 8 of their old 28 foot cabin cruisers in Washington and Oregon and bringing them to Seattle and getting then ready to ship to the Philippines where they cut the cabins off them and made the river boats for the movie Apocalypse Now Tollycraft had built the originals for the war and used the same hull fitted with a jet pump.

Marty

Don't worry about the world ending today,

Hell it's already tomorrow in Australia.