• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76 OWNERS IN CALI

O=00=O

WHAT UPGRADES ARE YOU CALIFORNIANS RUNNIN IN YOUR SMOGGERS('76) I HAVE A STOCK '76 O2, AND IM GOING THRU MY FUEL SYSTEM AT THE MOMENT, NEW LINES, ELEC PUMP, REGULATOR, CARB REBUILD ECT.. AND I WAS JUST THINKIN ABOUT GETTING SOME MORE UPGRADES WHILE IM AT IT. I KNOW IN MOST CASES IT VARIES FROM CAR TO CAR TO PASS SMOG AND NOT SO MUCH WHATS IN IT, BUT IM JUST AIMING FOR A LITTLE MORE SPORT WITHOUT TURNING MY TAIL PIPE INTO A GAS STATION PUMP

'76 SiennaBraun 2002

On the search for a '70-'74

SMOG ruins all the fun!

is a 75 or under.

As far as gas mileage, I've had several 02's

76 with 32/36: 20 mpg

72 with 38/38: 20 mpg

72 tii: 20 mpg

72 with A4: 20 mpg

72 tii stage 2: 20 mpg

I think I have a big stamp on right foot that says 20mpg!

CA 76 02's and fun are contradictory in terms, I had 3 at one time, and smogging them was a big issue, even in Hollister!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/403388498.html

FAQ Member # 91

I SAW YOUR AD EARLIER AND WAS CONSIDERING IT, BUT WHAT SHAPE IS IT IN? IT KIND LOOKS LIKE A BARN FIND(NO OFFENSE) BUT ITS REASURING KNOWING YOUR FAMILIAR WITH O2s. SO WHAT CONDISH IS IT IN CAUSE I DO 90% OF MY OWN WORK SO I WANT TO FIND SOMTHING MANAGABLE FOR MY TIME AND MONEY IL PROLLY DROP MY 76 ENGINE/TRANNY IN SOMTHING IF I CAN FIND A GOOD ROLLER.

'76 SiennaBraun 2002

SMOG ruins all the fun!

I SAW YOUR AD EARLIER AND WAS CONSIDERING IT, BUT WHAT SHAPE IS IT IN? IT KIND LOOKS LIKE A BARN FIND(NO OFFENSE) BUT ITS REASURING KNOWING YOUR FAMILIAR WITH O2s. SO WHAT CONDISH IS IT IN CAUSE I DO 90% OF MY OWN WORK SO I WANT TO FIND SOMTHING MANAGABLE FOR MY TIME AND MONEY IL PROLLY DROP MY 76 ENGINE/TRANNY IN SOMTHING IF I CAN FIND A GOOD ROLLER.

Not my ad, I am in Hollister, that car is in Morgan Hill. I just posted to show what is available. For $500, probably more like $350 after negotiating, it could be a nice car, at worst a nice parts car. There is a phone # you can call and find out more from the owner.

FAQ Member # 91

350 ISNT MUCH FOR ANY CAR BUT I THINK ID RATHER PAY A GRAND FOR A SMALLER PROJECT THAN 350 AND A COUPLE GRAND RESURECTING THIS ONE. YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT '76s THOUGH ITS BEST JUST TO GET A DIFFERENT YEAR, I JUST WANNA SELL MINE FOR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO TURN AROUND AND MAKE A REAL CHERRY 70-74

'76 SiennaBraun 2002

SMOG ruins all the fun!

is a 75 or under.

took the words right out of my "keystrokes"....

buy a beater, rustbucket, POS 75 or 74 and title it, then do a VIN-up restoration on your 76.

i bought a 76 a while ago as a parts car then couldn't bring myself to scrapping such a potential 'year-round' driver. i was lucky to find a POS 75 for $200 (which, fortunately, even I will scrap).

there's something to be said about having a rat-rod squaretail to just drivearound in and not worry about parking lots or the delicate nose.

the "roundies-only" crowd will never know.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

i wanted this car. too bad it was so rusted it had holes everywhere in it. not to mention the owner is a jerk on the phone and knows what he has, got screwed and now is trying to unload the car. if you have the ability to fix major rust buy it for 200 but know that this car is only a straight body plus rust