• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

quick question: which is neg. terminal on coil: 15 or 1?

jerry

it's a blue coil btw. wish they'd use + or -

anyhow, i'm not getting spark.

verified TDC on Camshaft mark and notch in distributor housing and crankcase pulley.

held No.1 sparkplug up to valve cover while assistant turned key. sparks did not fly...

i swapped over from red coil to blue coil because i don't have a ballast resistor. i desmogged this 76 and ran a wire from No.12 fuse to what i HOPE is the neg. side of coil. and another wire from + side (i think) of coil to solenoid valve on Weber 32/36.

checked point gap: 0.015-0.016ish

spark plugs look okay.

this car did run before i desmogged it and removed the PO hack wiring. the OEM wiring harness was in VERY nice condition beneath all the other added wires. there was a funky potentiometer used as the ballast resister for the red coil. looks like they salvaged it from the airconditioner or something.

gonna swap out distributer this evening when it cools down. i noticed a grounding wire is weak between housing and platform. never noticed that wire before till i compared with other distributor.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa