• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how much stuff have you crammed into an '02?

mcope

Guest Anonymous

I used to be able to fit a six piece full size professional drum kit with all harware and the cymbals. Add the fender twin reverb amp that rode behind me and it was a full house.

A couple weeks ago, we had a total of 6 race tires (all on rims), cooler, air tank, couple toolboxes, floorjacks, etc., along with myself and 2 passengers. It was quite comfy on the highway at 80mph.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I got all four fenders (VW Beetle size/shape), the hood, two running boards, four cowl panels, two headlight buckets and a wheel in the trunk for a trip to the sand blaster's...and closed the lid on 'em all.

Another time, a folded up 10x12' broadloom carpet (trunk lid closed), and

finally a 2002 back window plus two weeks luggage, tools, spare parts etc.

It's amazing what'll fit in an '02 trunk

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

not 02 related, but....

i miss the times when i could stuff ALL my belongings into and onto my 68 VW Bug, back in college.

my recent move to a new apartment took a couple truckloads....

...and that does not include my workshop and carparts, yet to be moved to my new carport being built.

there's a certain freedom in living "light". downsizing on Craigslist and eBay is my new committment to myself.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

When I was in a band years ago, and my '02 was my daily driver, I could get the entire PA system and my guitars in the car.

Stacey
Columbus, OH
No cup holders, by design.
'76 O=00=O   '77 R100RS  '85 K100 '01 325CI   '05 330XI ZSP   '80 Porsche 911SC