• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'75 at the Richmond/El Sobrante Pick 'n Pull

Grover

All body panels are still on it, most are striaght but have some level of rust. All of the motor is still there except the intake and carb. Interior is pretty well gutted. Also a pair of gold painted 15" Alpina's (Yes, I'm sure they're Alpina's) on an old 5-series in the Oakland lot.

i used to like visiting that P&P on occasion but i've noticed two things that keep me away.

a)driving through the neighborhood from the Marin side is getting very intimidating. it's getting really rough. i have some co-workers who've lived on the edge of the neighborhood on Gertrude street for several years and they even moved.

B) the cashiers at that particular P&P are much more picky with pricing than the Oakland site. the pricing is CONSIDERABLY higher. "oh, you wanted that ratty old rubber tubing attached to that plastic radiator overflow tank, the one identical to 10 million other ones in the yard?"

thanks for the heads-up though.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I know what you mean Jerry about the sketchy neighborhood. But that wont stop me from heading up there. I will not stop if someone is in my way. thanks Grover for the heads up.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Yes, the neighborhood is less than great, but honestly I've never had any trouble there. I leave NOTHING in my car and just walk with purpose. As for the prices at the lot, it's seems a lot to do with the person working the register. Today was a good score, I got a round VDO washer bottle for $2, $1 for a shift boot, and a few other small odds and ends. I also pulled the ECU for an E30 for a friend and paid only $22. All in all, a pretty good day.

Yes, the neighborhood is less than great, but honestly I've never had any trouble there. I leave NOTHING in my car and just walk with purpose. As for the prices at the lot, it's seems a lot to do with the person working the register. Today was a good score, I got a round VDO washer bottle for $2, $1 for a shift boot, and a few other small odds and ends. I also pulled the ECU for an E30 for a friend and paid only $22. All in all, a pretty good day.

yea, once i cross the railroad tracks towards the yard i feel more secure. i have no concerns with the safety within the yard or parking lot.

as for cashiers, AVOID the blonde guy with the wimpy beard. i think he gets paid on commission, or evaluated on sales.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa