• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Other BMW drivers vs the 02

future_assassin

In the six years that I have owned my 02 I have only received a handful of thumbs up. My car is Colorado so it's not like I exactly blend in either.

I live in Southern California and practically every third car is a BMW. I am a tad dissapointed that so many people drive the Ultimate Driving Machine and have no idea of It's past history.

1215947189_41357ec2c2_m.jpg

I see a couple a week.

I see none here in Surrey except at Als' shop and I saw one in Langley which if for sale and was mentioned on here. Other wise I could drive all over the lower mainland and not see one for weeks.

Lol. when I bought my current 02 and drove it from Al's shop to Courtenay, I got 2 thumbs up the minute I got off the ferry @ duke point (I think). Anyway. One guy in a 7 and the other was a girl in a 95 gti. that thing could haul. left the 02 in the dust.

try living in Alberta. Only time you see another 02 its a member of your club :)

My current 02 gets compliments every time I take her out..cars following me..yelling etc..never fails...Being acknowledged by another bimmer driver.."Never" ..

The biggest trip though is when the kids stare and point them out to their parents..."Priceless"

That's funny, because I've felt exactly the opposite. I bought my 02 last fall and have been surprised by the amount of attention it gets. Especially since its a fairly unremarkable Nevada in color (well actually two different shades of Nevada).

I watched a guy in a new five series really work his way through rush hour traffic the other morning to give me a thumbs up. A guy in a 7 series rolled down his window at a stop light to ask me a bunch of questions about the car. (The 7 was his 1st BMW). And I got a thumbs up from a guy in a Mustang convertible this morning. Street Rod guys aren't impressed with anything without a chevy 350 in it in my experience so I wouldn't put too much importance in that. But the guys in classic Porsches, triumphs, etc all seem to notice and a few in the sport compact crowd too (even though it sports no fake carbon fiber or giant ass wing).

You want real attention - I've got a Scion xB wrapped in an electric blue and neon green advertising banner. EVERYONE looks at that thing. Of course that's the point.

tony, did you buy camerons 02? his was 2 shades of nevada and i thought he had his up for sale. bedliner interior??? where are you located in the twin cities?

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I get lots of looks in my 1600 and people talk to me about it all the time in parking lots and gas stations etc. My new M3 with the imola interior gets lots of looks on the street too, but not too many coments or converstaions. When in the 1600 most other vintage car owners will wave or say hi if at a light or getting gas etc. Chicks seem to like both cars, and I do see many other new BMW drivers checking out the 1600 in traffic, kids love the 1600 for sure!

Jeff
1975 Alfa Romeo GT1300Junior w/1600 transplant (I'm still stuck on 1600's LOL)
2006 M3 White/Red - Orig Owner,6spd,ZCP, sunroof delete
SOLD 1967 1600 #1517644 "Florida"/Brown w/sunroof, SOLD 1968 1600 #1564660, RIP 1970 1600