• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a very nice link about RADIO

PatAllen

I edited the image with translation...

Muchas Gracias......That is southern californian (or north mexico) for Thank you..

It looks like there is some kind of connection available for a cassette player. Have to figure out to hook up the Ipod through it. The FM transmitter thing just doesn't quite cut it.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I'm amazed at the prices places like oldautoradio.com are commanding for vintage radios.

I sold a very nice Becker Europa II a couple years ago, and since then the prices have quadrupled.

Currently, I have a couple of Blaupunkt Frankfurt models -- two of which were out of original 2002s.

I also have a beautiful vintage Audiovox AM/FM from a '73 2002.

A few weeks ago I got a Blaupunkt Bamburg AM/FM/Cassette with external poweramp and faceplate from a '71 euro-2800 CS with the correct BMW dash-matched knobs. Must've cost a pretty penny back in the day.

What is hard to come by for the 02 is that cheap plastic speaker grill. The plastic tabs break off and one must find clever ways to fit it to the console.

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

these radios are soo cool.

I remember my uncle with one of theses, the automated search feature is so amazing, guess how theyd do this in the 60's...with a motor !!

yes, there was a motor inside the radio to rotate the knob until a strong signal went in....pretty cool to see it doing by itself, the red needle sweeping left-right...and what about the recording option...

When i was young i was working in a scrap yard, i remember having some sort of radio collection in one of the barns, guess they are all garbage now, i may call the old man he still own the s.y. there must be old blaus in there !! and 8 years ago i was an "official" service center for Blau's (and Alpine)...

oh, and i have a nice unmolested center console with the weak speaker grille and its speaker...only a radio is missing, this will go in my 02 soon.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel