• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My pretty 1972 tii

alexfl82

Welcome Alex!

Great tii! My favorite color too. Funny how alot of people have commented on that battery - I was going to mention it as well. Looks like a marine battery or something "non-automotive" related!

Good luck restoring your tii!

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Welcome to the FAQ!

Beautiful tii!

Your English is MUCH better than my Spanish. No worries.

If you don't know the English word, put it in Spanish. There are enough people here that can help you translate.

Get your car out on the road. I will look for it on television when I watch the Vuelta. Be sure to wave "hola"!

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Alex - great car. Treat it well and enjoy it.

As others have, I can't help but comment on your 'battery'. It looks to not be a single unit, but a set of connected small batteries. (Note the metal 'splice connectors' between each of them, from the "+" terminal cable across the tops of each all the way to the "-" terminal.) Very strange. I'm curious at to why Antonio did this? Unlike most of us, you actually have the opportunity to talk with the original owner. ;-)

All the best,

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

What a warm surprise found all your nice replys in my post!! Thank's.

I'll try to reply all of you.

I'm from Vigo, and Vigo is in Spain. Recently "La vuelta a España" (cycling race) start in Vigo, it's one of three biggest cycling race in world, La vuelta a España, Il giro de Italia, Le tour de France. And Volvo Cup started in Vigo too this year.

The battery it's the rarest thing in the car for all people. One day original battery broken, and Antonio had a friend who works in a airport. He brougth this battery from a helicopter, yes it's a battery of a helicopter. And this happened more than 20 years ago!!!, and the battery still works perfectly.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,295429/

Replying to Steve J and people who want know the future plans:

I'm total agree with your advice Steve, but hurry is not my idea. I'll rebuild the car complete, I want that he will be better than original. I have several perfomance parts and I looking for the parts that I haven't. I don't want start rebuilding even I have all parts I need.

These are the parts I have.

-Exhaust header.

-Dog leg Sport 5 speed gearbox.

-LSD.

-Big brakes (4 pistons vented discs 255mm).

-Stainless stell brake line.

-Bilstein Sport.

-Two Cibié Oscar big deep.

And these are the parts I'm looking for:

-Alloy wheels 13x6.

-Springs Eibach or H&R.

-Recaro seats type 2002 Turbo.

-Urethane bushings.

-Arco trasero de 4 puntos tipo Gr.1.

-Adjustable sway bars.

-Moto-Lita steering wheel.

My idea it's preserve totally exterior aesthetics like an original (I really like the car very, very much) and perfomance a bit the mechanical parts.

WHAT NAME IS ON THE SIDE , WHAT ' AH' , AND 'CCA' NUMBERS ON THE LABEL ??

I don't understand exactly what you want. Colour name, chassis number......? Sorry.

I go to bed.

Bye!!

BMW 2002tii -colorado- 1.972

Alpina rally replica

Your Tii shows some very interesting details. A car is only original once! We received your email and will reply to you directly. You are lucky to have this survivor as these cars are worth much more to those of us that own them and to all of the previous/original owners.

Parts inquiries: 2002haussales@gmail.com FAQ Supporting Vendor  www.2002haus.com www.bmw2002registry.com  Free Your Mind - Remove the Chains and Think 

A Helicopter battery?

Your car must fly!

:^)

Welcome Alex!

I am happy to hear that you are being thoughtful in your plans.

Whatever you decide to do, do it properly.

And above all, get out and drive it!

tii's are not good when they sit inactive for a long time.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes