• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the 'B' light in the lower left corner of my instr

jerry

Guest Anonymous

Is that really what the B light means?

Where do you put banana?

Is banana compatible with Dot 3, 4 and 5 brake fluid?

How long after banana must you wait before bleeding system?

well, out of all the ratty 02's i've encountered this is the first with the advanced banana deficiency warning system installed.

where is the reset button to indicate that i've ingested an appropriate amount of banana substance? i typically eat a sliced banana with my morning oatmeal, but i did indeed run out of bananas at about the same time i noticed this dim light which is activated once car is started.

interestingly, when i activate the turn signals, i believe another intermittant light comes alive.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Guest Anonymous

Have you ever said to yourself "Man, I should have had a V-8"? Sounds like you are on a low carb diet and need a complete check up! I know I have found a lot of fibre under my front seats! Perhaps you also have iron-poor oil and need to supplement your regular fill-ups with something slow release that's chalked full of essential minerals.

As to your glowing ember, several things come to mind. I recall having a bulb fall out if its socket so that several warning lights seemed to be glowing depending upon how dark it was and from what angle you were viewing the instruments. I suppose it is possible although improbable that the warning light is in the wrong socket too.

As you may know, a dimly glowing alternator/charging light can indicate a bum alternator, bad diode, a weak voltage regulator or the like. Given the 02's proclivity for corrosion or bad grounds, anything is possible when it comes to glow from the turn signal indicator. Since the flasher and turn signal indicator both use the same green circuit light, is it possible you have the circuit cross-circuited? If the grounds are poor at any of the lights, switches or relays - you can have symptoms such as you describe.

Since you admit missing a banana, I wonder if you can substitute plantains if you operate the vehicle in or near the tropics? If all else fails you could try applying Mystery Oil everywhere.

Good luck and please tell us about your treatments or cure.