• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black diamond projector headlights

Armond

hey 02friend...

i am not one of the flamer guys on the board

(childish and i dont have time for it)

i respect you opinion and your reasons for it

but my car is a hot rod and that means mod all i can

i argue with my old man all the time

about how things are not made like they used to

to a point i agree with him, but new technology makes things better

(mainly more efficant)

and if that were the case we would be using pen, paper and a real cork board to post these thoughts , not the latest silcon chips

look if you like 02's then i am down with u...period

just mine is a mutt and yours is a purebreed

shit i might put a bull and roster sticker on the door....jk ;]

goner-

All my cars are "mutts". I just like throwing things in purists faces like my '68 Camaro. It was an original 6cyl. 3 on the tree. I made ALOT of chages to the car and it fetched well over 50k when sold.

WAAAAAYYYYY more money than a numbrrs match, protect-o-plate, black plate car would ever get.

Like it or not, some people like drivability and practicality when they're looking at puchasing classics.

Cris

post-178-13667582153914_thumb.jpg

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think everyone's never gonna think alike and that's what makes things exciting...

my opinion...it's your money & your car....do whatever makes you smile...if the next guy doesn't like it, that's his problem and he'll get over it...

if he doesn't...screw him

that's what I'm talking about :)

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

i think everyone's never gonna think alike and that's what makes things exciting...

my opinion...it's your money & your car....do whatever makes you smile...if the next guy doesn't like it, that's his problem and he'll get over it...

if he doesn't...screw him

You've got alot of screwing to do, esty.

jk...

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

I fully understand better performance out of lighting is definitely a good thing especially with the 02 visibility vulnerability for other drivers.

I am also not such a purist that I don't appreciate the M20/S14 converts out there and the countless other performance mods, there is a place in the vintage car scene that it is important to have the heavily moded and the factory, as it represents a broader spectrum of the cars we love, the flexibility and the potential of beefed performance and original examples from which they sprang.

I have seen the results so many times of the outcome when a 02 gets shunted from behind, so the need for better back end lights is something I wholeheartedly agree with.

I guess when I think of LED's I think of like those that Cadillac and the like use. The kind that leave irritating tracers across your view at night.

So no hard feelings and I hope none came from my side.

I really can see both sides, and there is equal importance to them both.

~1976 2002~

No problem here. I'm actually pretty much with your sentiments. High output LED bulbs fit right into my stock taillight assembly - running, reverse, brake & turn bulbs. Much brighter, truer color, faster response, lower temps & longer life. They DONT look garish, in fact unless youre looking for them or see my rear lights next to a filament outfitted 02 (where it makesthe OEM look weak) you can't tell.

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Yup, they're designed to plug right into the bulb sockets. Same metal jackets and contacts on the bottoms, just on top, instead of a filament in a glass enclosure, there's a few LEDs packed in an array mounted in plastic.

You can find replacements for the common 1156 and 1157 bulbs at lots of auto stores in white, yellow or red. But sometimes the quality of those, and the prices aren't so great.

I get mine at superbrightleds.com. They offer an awesome selection of configurations and also carry less common bulbs.

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

yeah superbright has a lot of cool stuff

i have stuff from them on both my 02 and my boat

my boat will run for months with out recharging

but the tail lights i am working will be a complete replacement for the stock unit. if it works out right they will be hella cool

the vacum froming is the only hold up right now

g-

got bolts?....well i sell them...ask me how....

bimmerboltsandparts.com

75 2002

88 yamaha ysr50 (street)

88 yamaha ysr50 project

94 jeep yj

84 318i