• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Sad day....

evanc

displayimage-562-0.html

I can't even begin to tell you have bummed I am. I don't drive my 02 as a daily any more and maybe take her out once or twice a month. So because today was a nice day I was going to drive down to Santa Cruz and blamo on the 101S just past Hospital Curve in SF.

A few minutes before I had an uneasy feeling that someone would get really close to me or hit me and well you see the result. When i started slowing down I instinctively looked up to monitor the traffic behind me and when I looked up I saw a Honda Civic that wasn't slowing down. I moved over to the should as best I could, but if you've every driven that stretch you know there isn't much of a shoulder. The result of me moving over almost got my car flipped and into on coming traffic. You'll see in the next photo a tyre mark about 3/4 up the barrier, that was my driver's side front tyre.

I haven't been in an accident since I was 17 and it just so happens I was rear ended in my first 02. I know that there'll be a lot of head aches to get everything done. I'm starting my file to justify the value of my car as I know that the insurance company will want to Total my car. I need an appraiser in the East Bay/Northern CA familiar with our cars to help my cause. If any of you have any suggestions on things I should do please let me know.

I'm still freakin out that my 02 got hurt.

Thanks for readin.

What am I missing to post these photos? I'm not thinking right.

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Project Thread: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,339365/

Ahhh man. That's good that your car still moves under it's own power. I gather that you aren't going through your insurance? How'd the tree work out?

That sucks - I got into my first accident in mine last weekend... Unfortunately, it was my fault, no question.

Here's a picture of my ghetto-fabulous body repairing station:

Photo0030.jpg:D

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Project Thread: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,339365/

After the accident, a friend with a winch pulled the nose out as the radiator fan was barely touching the radiator and the nose was touching the PS tire. After that I drove it home at 75mph. The tree worked... okay I guess, I was only doing it so that the headlight bucket would be closer to how it's supposed to be.

Not going through my insurance since I don't have collision on it, but hey, at least it won't be totalled this way. Speaking of, fight tooth and nail with your company against getting totalled since your car looked really nice. I had a friend with a '74 tii with 85k on it, insured for $5000 and after an accident that probably only required a new nose, his was totalled when he layed down.

Anybody know what the ballpark would be for transplanting a nose? :D

way too bad

hiway 17 used to be a fav of mine in HS back in the 70's

no room for error, though

sorry to see your car get hurt, but glad you're ok

our tii was rear-ended, had to document the value, and in the end the insurance co wrote me a check for $5000 (repair est) and called it a day. i kept on telling them it wasn't my fault, all i want is to get my car fixed, and its only $5k. and my neck is feeling better also......

72 2002tii

1988 535is 

I hope that it won't be too much of a fight with the Insurance co. I've got a couple of lawyer friends I might have to ask a favor of.

When I was in high school I was rear ended in my 02 and I didn't hit anyone. The Farmer insurance agent told me he was going to give me a check for 900 bucks and that's all it was worth. I returned with my dad and told him that it was unfortunate that he was trying to take advantage of of my age. They cut me a check right there.

Will it be that easy this time... no way. I'm ready to fight tho.

Highway 17 is exactly like that part of 101S don't ya think?

Wish me luck with the insurance co!

way too bad

hiway 17 used to be a fav of mine in HS back in the 70's

no room for error, though

sorry to see your car get hurt, but glad you're ok

our tii was rear-ended, had to document the value, and in the end the insurance co wrote me a check for $5000 (repair est) and called it a day. i kept on telling them it wasn't my fault, all i want is to get my car fixed, and its only $5k. and my neck is feeling better also......

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Thanks for posting those for me. I seem to be lacking in brain function right now.

Now to start the long road of getting my 02 back out on the streets.

really sorry to see your car messed up. Glad you are fine..

Here are your pictures...

02_Accident_005.jpg

02_Accident_003.jpg

02_Accident_001.jpg

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Ewf- that sucks.

But it's totally fixable.

You'll need to find a shop that will do it,

but pulling the body back will take half an hour!

Then you need parts- tank, bumper, decklid-

and a couple of days (that's body- shop- hour days) later,

pretty as new.

Personally, I start to feel better when I get to work on

fixing the mess...

Good luck!

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

and the other party's insurance should be footing the bill. If the OP was uninsured and you carried UMPD (uninsured motorist property damage) you could get up to 3500 from your own company even without having collison coverage. You do have to identify the OP with a license plate for there to be a determination if they were insured or not.

displayimage-562-0.html

I can't even begin to tell you have bummed I am. I don't drive my 02 as a daily any more and maybe take her out once or twice a month. So because today was a nice day I was going to drive down to Santa Cruz and blamo on the 101S just past Hospital Curve in SF.

A few minutes before I had an uneasy feeling that someone would get really close to me or hit me and well you see the result. When i started slowing down I instinctively looked up to monitor the traffic behind me and when I looked up I saw a Honda Civic that wasn't slowing down. I moved over to the should as best I could, but if you've every driven that stretch you know there isn't much of a shoulder. The result of me moving over almost got my car flipped and into on coming traffic. You'll see in the next photo a tyre mark about 3/4 up the barrier, that was my driver's side front tyre.

I haven't been in an accident since I was 17 and it just so happens I was rear ended in my first 02. I know that there'll be a lot of head aches to get everything done. I'm starting my file to justify the value of my car as I know that the insurance company will want to Total my car. I need an appraiser in the East Bay/Northern CA familiar with our cars to help my cause. If any of you have any suggestions on things I should do please let me know.

I'm still freakin out that my 02 got hurt.

Thanks for readin.

What am I missing to post these photos? I'm not thinking right.

WHYWHYWHY did it have to be a Civic? ;-p stick to motorcylces (honduh)....

This is a sad day. I thought I was going to look at a totalled 02. The good thing is your cool. also the 02 is not that bad. If your ins. co. totals that, then take the check, buy it back and drop them. I hate f**king with ins. co. they are the worst besides Lawyers. Go to Grundy or Haggerty online. You agree on a value of the car and they pay. This is all done when you set up a policy. Like I always say "Things can be a lot worse"

{option}[/img]

post-3520-13667582513847_thumb.jpg