• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted 1600 engine.

I am in need of a motor. I would like to take the 2.0L engine out of my car and put in a 1600 thats supposed to be in there. I having some problems with mine ad would like to buy 1600 and rebuild it. If you have one or know where I can get one cheap it would be great.

Also if the 1.6L is so hard to get does anybody have an extre 2.0L laying around?

i have a 2.0L short block you can have if you're willing to drive to Marin. All i want is the newish-looking Head and timing cover that is attached to it. i'll give it to you for free. i bought it at the PicknPull thinking it too, was new, but it's only been steam cleaned.

it's a pity i tossed my 1.6L engine block and flywheel earlier this year, would have rather found a home for it. let me know on the engine block, it was from an early 320i.

jerryallsmanATyahooDOTcom

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I am in need of a motor. I would like to take the 2.0L engine out of my car and put in a 1600 thats supposed to be in there. I having some problems with mine ad would like to buy 1600 and rebuild it. If you have one or know where I can get one cheap it would be great.

I have a running 1.6 liter complete engine that I pulled from a '70 1600 about two months ago. The engine ran fine with no smoke..wasn't able to drive the car to see how it ran under load but I'm sure it would be fine. I'm in MA, a bit far from you, but there are many different shipping alternatives available....I'd also be willing to dismantle the engine and ship it to you in parts. Contact me..I'm a serious seller and want this gone from my garage....email jeremybd at yahoo dot com

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

I have what appears to be a 1600/1800 motor with flat top pistons as well as a 121 head. Could be a good combo and I'm close. Drop me an e-mail if you are interested.

just wondering out loud...

doesn't a 121 Head pertain to the 2.0L engine only?

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Jerry I am going to pass on that. I want head and bottom end. but thanks.

Jeremy I wrote you an email.

John I have no email for you.

email me at MeyerE30@comcast.net

• 3 months later...

I have a complete 1600 engine that I just pulled from a running 1968 (VIN 1562154). The engine is in Palo Alto and I need the flywheel. I had it on CraigsList without any interest; do you still need one? I have a video of my son smoking the tires the day before the engine came out.

David

dhanzel AT pacbell DOT net