• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Golf 02

bingbong

Well what can i say, ive had the car for almost 6 months and im only now really making progress, which is why i am finally posting a blog.

Well the story behind the car is my sister boyfriend bought the car about 4 years ago. He drove it around for 2 and a bit years untill he was done for driving without rego and then the cops began going around the car with a big DEFECT stamp (so to speak). the car sat in his driveway for another 2 yrs and then he moved interstate. I came into possesion of the car.

Now comes the good and bad parts of the story. 1st good part, I own a 02. 1st bad part, it wasn't working and was FULL of rust. well now i will speed through. i got the car working and started stripping it.

It was then shipped off to Bavaria cars in galdesville and they began to tune the car and we got a quote on the rust... 10K!!! not a real suprise but since this was the case we went on the path of a new shell.

Took just under a month to find one. same colour less then 10mins drive from the workshop and hardly any rust. we got it for 1k and then shipped it off to bavaria cars and it has since been stripped of every thing and is now waiting to go to the body shop.

Now for the pics

The original 02 with lots of rust to go.

dsc00683nt5.jpg

the new shell

f1000008bb0.jpg

shell stripped

dscf0006qe2.jpg

Old 02 stripped

f1000006co1.jpg

New shell with black engine bay

dscf00013my5.jpg

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well the owner of that car is also the owner of the workshop. http://www.bavariacars.com.au/ theres the website, its a great car, its being through soooo many mods.

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

• 2 weeks later...

Car is now in the body shop and rust is being cut and re-spray. Should be done by dec so hopefully it will all be registered and running well by xmas! That would be a great present.

same here, I'm gona go back to the shop in a few weeks to check how everything is going

Floor pan rust YUMMY

dscf0003fm6.jpg

CHRIST you should have seen the rust in the passenger side of the old car!!!

The only other rust is in the front guards and the firewall passenger side rest of the car is spick and span. Also anyone in sydney looking for body work i suggest Astrum body shop in Gladesville 5k for re-spray and rust repair

keeping it black, easy to keep clean! and no Im keeping the same colour.

• 3 weeks later...

called the body shop about 2 weeks ago to find out they hadnt even started the work!!! prob wont get it done by xmas but i can always be hopefull. going to go check out what they have done so some pics will be up later this weekend.

well they took both the boot and bonnet back to bear metal all over! now they are doing the finishing touches before its painted. still have to weld up the holes though. well here are some pics that i caught.

well this is going well

dscf0012py6.jpg

rear end of the car was in pretty good condition

dscf0013ie0.jpg

still a bit of rubbing back to go

dscf0014ch4.jpg

Factory defect! well doesnt matter im cutting a hole for the middle exit exhaust.

dscf0016bk0.jpg

bonnet stripped and ready for paint.

dscf0017hq9.jpg

so all the body work should be done by mid dec then comes the long and hard part of putting it all back together!

so i picked up the new stereo today. pioneer head unit, pioneer 6x9's and VDO dayton 4" splits. had to order the speakers so i will get the pics up when they come in.

so i picked up the new stereo today. pioneer head unit, pioneer 6x9's and VDO dayton 4" splits. had to order the speakers so i will get the pics up when they come in.

How are you planing on mounting the splits? Which HU did you go for?

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky