• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Golf 02

bingbong

well I have 4" speakers in the door panels at the moment so I was just going to re mount them in there. But I still don't know where I'm going to put the tweeters, maybe on the door panel maybe on the A pillar.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some new goodies this weekend.

New Kincrom tool box :D and the rest of my stereo.

New 4" splits and the pioneer head unit

dscf0018dc2.jpg

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Well the engine is coming out tomorrow so I will get some pics of that and hopefully some more work has being done on the shell, might be ready for paint now!

here are some pics

engine ready to come out

dscf0022ld1.jpg

engine out

dscf0027lj3.jpg

dscf0028me8.jpg

engine bay

dscf0029zf3.jpg

the gearbox came out soon after now I'm waiting on the body work to be finished and then it all goes into the shell and hopfully be driving it around for xmas!

• 2 weeks later...

went and cleaned the engine today and took out the diff, also checked on the shell. They have cut the rust and welded! here are the pics

Drivers side fixed

dscf0032ru8.jpg

engine

dscf0033qz1.jpg

dscf0035te3.jpg

dscf0036um2.jpg

Diff

dscf0040gh0.jpg

Gearbox

dscf0041sn1.jpg

What are you planning on doing for a gas pedal hinge since the old one rusted away? I've been trying to figure out that dilemma myself, and can't come up with a good idea. (It should be noted that I used an old door hinge in the past. This is not a "good" idea.)

Looks good man, keep it up. Matte-black engine bays unite!

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

well after i took that photo i noticed what had happened and went AHHH so just bent it back down and tested it, works alright but if it breaks off after hard accl i will get some sheet metal bend it up get some bolts round off the heads and weld them into the sheet metal and then weld the metal to the car and hey presto! as for the engine bay its actually gloss enamel. Im gona do it next time the engine comes out with POR-15. But i did rub back a large portion of the bay before i painted. i still have to paint the wheels and the shell should be ready soon.

yeah but I'm only moving parts over, not a full engine transplant. hopefully I get it done otherwise I wont have the car till end of january!

well I know how I said xmas but I was wrong. The paint has taken a week too long so it should be finished about now. Then we have the xmas break and the shops will open back up on the 14th of jan, which means i will be working like crazy to get it done by end of january.

i'll leave you with my latest work. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years too all!

dscf0042tf7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

hello all back again after the christmas break and the car is not ready yet, i will be starting work on putting it back together next week. By now the shell would have been done and has been put into storage till next week. As far as work goes the only thing ive really done in the past couple of weeks is get the new seats for the car. Im not a purist and dont care much for looks, nor period clashes. here they are

dscf0001ks9.jpg

dscf0003ah0.jpg

hello all back again after the christmas break and the car is not ready yet, i will be starting work on putting it back together next week. By now the shell would have been done and has been put into storage till next week. As far as work goes the only thing ive really done in the past couple of weeks is get the new seats for the car. Im not a purist and dont care much for looks, nor period clashes. here they are

dscf0001ks9.jpg

dscf0003ah0.jpg

heres some shots of the shell during painting. sorry about bad photo's camera phone.

dsc00167aj8.jpg

dsc00168pv7.jpg

Doors

dsc00169qc1.jpg

Boot and bonnet

dsc00170id1.jpg

dsc00171dv2.jpg

Paint is done, now begins the rebuilding process, I've almost finished my engine work and have also started putting panels back on the car. major work left too do: seat brackets, exhaust and a few little interior things, then it should be an easy process of putting it all back.

ddscf0006kh9.jpg

ddscf0010ph6.jpg

ddscf0011vz0.jpg

ddscf0013iw3.jpg