• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Golf 02

bingbong

hey all, my goal to get the car done by end of january was a decent goal it could have being acheived even but i have failed! The car is now very close to being finished most of the hard parts of interior are done and i have started on the stereo. As for the engine it runs now, exaust still needs to be done but the car runs. here are a few lil pics of whats going on.

The rear bumper is not on and most of the lights are working.

dsc00041wr4.jpg

fuel tank went in a few days ago, had to suck the petrol through the line. DONT drive right after doing this!

dsc00043ce1.jpg

And finally the engine is in, all the engine wiring is done as well :D

dsc00044kc3.jpg

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got the doors and bonnet on and am now left with the bonnet chrome strips, need some more clips.

Could get the car done by end of this week!

Things left to do:

exhaust

interior

stereo

seals

few more exterior trim bits

REGO!!!

dsc00059pa2.jpg

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Well i was trying to get it done by this week but ive come across some more rust!!! I had tears in my eyes, its in the floor pan but its not that serious. Hopfully gona take it out on monday or tuesday and then i can do interior.

Other than that the seals and proofcoat have being done same for the exhaust. PICS

dsc00061uc7.jpg

Pretty good workmanship on the system, just had the dogs and a flang put in.

dsc00063ie3.jpg

dsc00064wl4.jpg

well got a fair bit of work done on the car, little things here and there. fixed ignition stuff as well, took up all that tar shit in the floor pans. WORST JOB EVER! but it had to be done, and here are some pics of all the work.

dsc00066ft6.jpg

This is going to be the new pedal, it will be bolted too the floor and is riveted too the hinge.

dsc00070hk1.jpg

dsc00071rf3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well I've got all the interior in, except the chrome trim on the door cards and center consol. dsc00083pd1.jpg

And heres the two cars side by side!

dsc00079id0.jpg

Gday.

had the same problem with my 02 rusting out the pedal mount, in my case one of the balls actually parted company while I was on the cahill expressway. Much duct tape got me home.

If you get a chance, get yourself to a local wrecker and keep your eye out for a KE55 corolla, or I think a similar vintage corona. They have a hard plastic pedal that mounts in the same way, with the spacing between the ball joints being the same. The best part is that the bracket the pedal bolts to is bolted to the floor by 2 x 10mm headed bolts :)

The car looks good, have tio pull my finger out and clean mine up!

1973 2002 Rally car

1984 323i 2.7L

1996 Suzuki RGV

1991 Honda RS125R

1999 KX250

Yeah the pedal is in and working fine, better than stock as it wont pop off the bracket full stop.

• 2 weeks later...

well just want to let you all know I've finished the car! but shamefully the alltenator is only charging at 11.3V when car is running, so it shall be being re built this week, hopefully doesnt take too long! i will post some pics up soon

Hey mate, been a long time since ive been on the faq but you've come a long way and it looks bloody awsome! Once you've fixed the alternator, take it up into the hills for a photo sesh and post your results. Looks great mate,

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

yeah, not sure where i shall go for a photo session. maybe industrial area or to the beaches

• 3 weeks later...

well a few weeks ago i had the car registered! then i found out the alternator wasnt charging! so back in the car went for a week, then once i had that done i got to drive the car around for 3 days before BANG something started to go wrong with the engine. Some may remember that i was asking about re tunning. Well the car was re tunned yet still blowing smoke and yes running very badly. Well at the moment the car is in hibernation under its lovely car cover in the driveway. Im waiting for the local auto store to get in some new compression tester so i can find out what is really wrong! just thought i should update how wonderful my life has gone with this wonderful car!

just thought i should update how wonderful my life has gone with this wonderful car!

only a true '02 fanatic would say this after having his car dead in the driveway after 2 separate instances of it breaking down. We're a sick bunch.

Glad you got to wheel it around the block a few times though! I'm looking forward to that myself.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

H_Krix , are you still with that girl?

Well, this is bingbong's thread, so I don't wanna get off-topic here.

Short version; yes. To keep it '02 related, she's been helping me build new doorpanel skins and will be helping me make a new center console soon as well. I'll post about that in my blog, though.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog