• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Golf 02

bingbong

here are some more pics of what's being happening, going a bit slow at the moment. We think it will be done by the end of this week but i still doubt it.

dsc00194sc6.jpg

dsc00190tt6.jpg

dsc00191xc6.jpg

dsc00189ao3.jpg

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heres some more pics of the motor complete, just doing the finishing touches before I drop it it.

dsc00207re6.jpg

dsc00208fr0.jpg

dsc00209sl5.jpg

dsc00210rt1.jpg

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

If I didn't know better, I'd say that was a brand new engine. Looks good! You know I wanna be there when you turn the key for the first time!

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

it was wrinkle coated, Started it up today and boy oh boy, sounds bloody brilliant. Only a few little things left to do now will probably have it for the weekend!

here are some more photo's, also a dummy fit of the new seats ive got.

dsc00232hb1.jpg

dsc00226lf3.jpg

dsc00221bp9.jpg

dsc00222ro0.jpg

I cant wait to take it out on the track, that will be the best part.

well Im gona wait around 3000kms, but that may be a bit too much but I would prefer to be safe than sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

just doing a bit of an update for the blog, car is on the road and has being for the past 3 weeks! Not too many dramas as of yet but I have got a pretty big list of things to do! Major things to do: Rejet carby's, fit vacuum advance, fix heater box, get 5spd box and some bigger wheels. They are the major parts but I also have more future performance mods and hopefully some better body mods! LSD, EFI, BOOST, Suspension work and of course turbo body kit!

When the weather clears up here I will get out and get some decent pics of the car.

just doing a bit of an update for the blog, car is on the road and has being for the past 3 weeks! Not too many dramas as of yet but I have got a pretty big list of things to do! Major things to do: Rejet carby's, fit vacuum advance, fix heater box, get 5spd box and some bigger wheels. They are the major parts but I also have more future performance mods and hopefully some better body mods! LSD, EFI, BOOST, Suspension work and of course turbo body kit!

When the weather clears up here I will get out and get some decent pics of the car.

Does bavariacars have any lsd's hanging around? 320 or 323?

Any details on your turbo plans yet?

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

They dont have any but they can bring them in from the US, normally they buy a palate of say 5 or so diff's then sell them off. If we can get enough interest around I'm sure I can have a word to Erik about it. As for turbo plans first EFI then I will really start thinking of turbo but as of now, I've got another 2 and a half years before I'm legally allowed it! But EFI with will ITB and then also rework the head, larger valves, double valve springs and a port of course, cant forget the extractors!

Hey bingbong if you're still looking for a 5 speed you could expand your search to include E30 M10 5speeds, seeing you've got custom gauges anyway it would be easy to adapt an electric speedo.

EDIT: OK that wasn't your car you were referencing in the other thread but just 1 from bavariacars site....you probably have stock gauges.

yeah stock gauges!