• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Golf 02

bingbong

Heres a new update, still looking around everywhere for parts and now have a nice 5spd OD gearbox, plus some extractors!

The extractors will probably get a ceramic coat and maybe some of that sexy exhaust wrap stuff, keep the heat down as much in the engine bay.

dsc00338yb6.jpg

dsc00335eu6.jpg

dsc00339bq7.jpg

Now I need to find a 3 pin front half shaft, wont be that easy from what I hear!

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do believe that is true, I picked all these items up from Skippy on this forum. (good guy++) I'm not sure how I will do it yet. May just hit them with a wire wheel as I have a new one waiting to be used!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

next time your in sydney I can show you the car that has no traction in wet!

Glad it all arrrived safely. I was a little nervous shipping it in the old dog crate.

One thing I forgot to mention is that you will probably want to replace the rubber o-rings on the selector rods as I think they had stretched and gone out of round.

If you need any photo's of the headers mounted/mocked up, drop me a line.

"Why is one of my reverse lights on in 4th?"

• 4 weeks later...

Have you installed your new bucket seats yet? Did they come with rails?

Where did you pick them up in Sydney. I'm on the lookout for a decent looking set of bolt-ons as Recaros are looking way to expensive to be a viable replacement for my ratty looking stock seats.

1973 Chamonix auto squarie

I have bolted mine in. They are not direct bolt in, I just cut up some thick steel and drilled holes to bolt through. I bought them from JustJap down south, $500 for the pair.

Its a fair basic setup, heres a basic computer sketch. Black's the metal, i think its about 7mm thick, braces across the seat for the rails. Red is the rails. simple and easy.

15720951ka6.jpg