• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Golf 02

bingbong

I checked out some wheels today but they were no good. I did however get some new trim pieces and headlight buckets. So now I just have to find some good wheels and I'll be very happy. I also know of stockpiles of 2002 stuff so if you guys want anything send me an email tom_the_fool at hotmail.com

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm almost done with the interior, its being going slow as I have being doing other things. Now I need to keep going on removing the sound proofing then I can slot it all back in and start fabricating my sheet metal panels.

I still don't know if I should attach the panels with rivets or something else.

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

• 2 months later...

Well I havn't had the car for the past few weeks. I had some engine problems with burning oil. Long story short, oil was geting into the exhaust ports and burning off from there. So with the engine out of the car were putting some double valve springs in, 5spd will be put in and those big extractors and some new big sway bars. I have also found myself some pretty unusual 3pc wheels. B45 style rims with polished lip and center, offset is a bit high but should fit under pretty well, maybe a small spacer at the front but I'm sick of looking for the perfect wheels now.

25022009923.jpg

I should have the car back in 3 more weeks maybe and then I will be having heaps of fun.

Well I did a bit more work today, I took apart my heater box... The thing is so far gone its not even funny. So I looked through a bunch of spare parts on hand and found a half decent one that needs a bit of repair but looks in pretty good nick. The pistons are back in the block and cleaned up and everything. But I also made myself an adjustable cam gear! Here is a before and after.

dsc00539i.jpg

dsc00540a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got the motor back in the car after 2 weeks of waiting for the space to do it! So far I have interior back together, did the heater box. Got all the wheels polished up and ready for tyres. Got the front sway bar on and have the 5spd ready to be bolted in probably next weekend. Things have being moving slowly but smoothly. I have only being complaining about driving boring cars... I want some fun behind the wheel now!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've finally finished everything up and got the car out in daylight again! The difference is so amazing I can actually go around corners now! Also very happy with the tyres, thought I would have a tuff time steering but its all ok. I shall get some pics on a cruise tomorrow but its being washed and now sits in the driveway.

ok sorry its taken so long, had work all through the week and a mess of other stuff. Here are two pics and wow the car just feels so much better. To drive I think its about 1000 times better! The wow factor I get is also very nice.

dsc00568e.jpg

dsc00572d.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well I have been doing little bits and pieces over the past couple of months. Mainly fixing things that break like throttle cables! or driveshaft bolts, that one was particularly scary! Now I have gone off and got myself the parts for a big brake upgrade. E21 hubs and rotors and some girling calipers. It will go on tomorrow and I think I'll be lowering the car a bit more soon and possibly putting on a new wheel and gear knob. Pictures soon to come!

Well I'm having trouble with the brakes, pedal keeps going to the floor after a few minutes of driving. Not the master, possibly the boosters but we think its the something to do with the disc's moving the pads apart. Its very annoying but it will be sorted soon.

So we figured out my brake problem or at least we think we have. I stupidly got the wrong hubs and the bearings are too big for a 2002 spindle. But all is not lost as we just sleeved the standard spindles! Heres what it looks like now.

dsc00616f.jpg

So it really works out better as I will now have bigger bearings!

Basically I now have Tii spindles so there are no complaints here.