• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Golf 02

bingbong

Well it worked out now I am just waiting for pads to bed in but it still brakes better than the old ones!

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that the solution you did with the wrong bearings is far from optimum. I'm not saying it won't work but at least you should pay close attention to condition of wheel bearings in future - just for safety.

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

I will always check them when the front wheels are off the ground but there really was no other choice if I wanted to use the parts I had.

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

• 2 months later...

I finally got around to doing some suspension work and replaced 3 tie rod ends as well they were destroyed! Now for a wheel alignment tomorrow and then I might get some more bushes as some of them are about to break apart!

Since I am moving out of home next year I have started taking advantage of the extra time and money I have now thus I am finally getting around to replacing windsheild and rubbers so I can finish off my interior. First off was re dying the back seat and parcel shelf tray then carpet and then I started making up some new quarter cards in sheet metal which have being painted in satin black. I also painted my wipper arms in black for the sheer hell of it. But I suppose the best part of today was hearing from a former 02 friend who has his hands on some parts for me. Brand new zender spoiler (rep) an italian steering wheel and a nice racing battery! I will post more pics once parts are acquired later tonight. For now some of my metal/paint work.

dsc00681e.jpg

dsc00682l.jpg

so I picked up the zender spoiler and the steering wheel, everything else should come in time.

dsc00683p.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

today I pulled the front and rear windshields out of my car to discover some moderate rust, but I knew it would be there. So now I am again without a car but am happy that I will have no rust and a leak free car! On another note I have sanded the spoiler and fitted the steering wheel. Once I get the car back I will start on the interior again. finish the soundproofing and then onto new front door cards! then carpet and so on. After that back to exterior and I will finish up the front spoiler and then I will be back to mechanical work. LSD and some electronic ignition but that will be next year or after. Pics will be up soon!

• 1 month later...

Here are the photo's from the rust under the windshields. Wasn't too bad but I am glad it has being dealt with. I ground back the areas to see what I was dealing with then sent it to a body shop where they sand blasted/repaired and re painted the areas plus a bit more as to blend the colours. I am super happy with the results and after the new hardware went in its awesome to have a virtual leak free car!

dsc00684dn.jpg

dsc00685x.jpg

dsc00691g.jpg

dsc00692k.jpg

dsc00690e.jpg

dsc00693x.jpg

Probably not as all the work was done way before christmas. I have had it back for about a month or so now. Spent today stripping more sound proofing and cleaning it up a bit. Tomorrow I will prep the area and maybe do a bit of painting. Then front door cards and finish up carpet! Can't wait to have a nice proper interior.

• 3 months later...

So I haven't had much time to do work on the car as I have moved interstate and am studying a course in motorsport. Its an awesome course and I have already worked with a V8 supercar team and on radical sports cars. But I have also got to do things like machining and even though I was pretty hung over from uni life last night I still made it to class, made myself a shifter knob! Its aluminium and I think it looks pretty shmick.

dsc00736ji.jpg

dsc00733v.jpg

I am loving the shifter, it feels heaps good! I feel like making some more stuff but we've run out of free alloy and I can't really think of anything. I am making some wheel chucks in fabrication and will also make a catch can later on this year.