• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2002 FAQ has some top notch folks on here...

danjrusdug

I inquired about the need for a throttle body gasket and received an email from a FAQ member that he would look and see if he had one. He responded later that evening and said not only did he have one but he would ship it to me, gratis!

I know that's not a lot of $$$, but he took the time to look and then is sending it for free. (Thanks Curt Ingraham!)

I've had similar dealings throughout the years and for the most part, the folks on here are top notch.

I've only had one issue where someone sold me some Recaros relatively cheap that 'just needed vinyl conditioning'. Only after receiving them did I realize that the 2 pictures I viewed were of the same seat since the driver's seat had cracked vinyl all over it and a small hole in it. I never got back to him since it took me 3 months to unbox them and I did get a good price. But hopefully he is reading this and feels some shame for misleading me. : )

Thanks to all for the great support I've received over the years. Hopefully I have the opportunities to give back.

Doug

'73 tii Atlantik - Grateful for this board as well!

I have to agree completely!!!! I recently got back into the 02 game a month ago (after not owning one for 7 years) and everyone has been extremely helpful-

Thanks to all!

Jared

www.DrivingWhileAwesome.com

'72 tii

'00 Tacoma PreRunner

Doug:

You've already been giving back...thanks for the 4-speed....no, it wasn't free, but you sold it to me for a fair price and took the time to pack it up super and ship it! :-)

And folks, Doug's old 4-speed out of his Atlantik '73tii will be residing in my Atlantik '73tii when I get the time to install it - to replace my original 4-speed with ailing 2nd gear synchro! :-)

Is that cool or what?...same year, same color tii!

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

100% agreed.

The other day I had a head gasket shipped to me free (I just paid for shipping.)

I'm picking up a engine block tomorrow.....free.

I love that are cars are special but not rare. Parts are plentiful and owners are the coolest people I've met.

I'll do my best to pay it forward.

68' 1602

98' ///M3 Sedan

88' ///M3 Sold *

06' ///M3 Competition Pkg Sold *

http://www.bmw1602.com/

topbanner.gif

I agree, I tried tirelessly to pay Casey Donahue for a NOS waterpump last spring from his stash of goodies....no luck....KC, if you are out there....I owe you!

Ben

Me too

KC Donahue sent me a tii alternator bracket.. ok .. this wasn't an old rusty part I had to clean up either.. it was freaking powder coated clean cherry goodness.

Just sent him another email reminding him that I owe him money or parts or something. In anycase.. KC you've got good karma and please let us know if you ever need anything man

-zachary

Just sent him another email reminding him that I owe him money or parts or something. In anycase.. KC you've got good karma and please let us know if you ever need anything man

-zachary

+1 for KC... remember those tii struts KC - shoot me an email if you ever need something!!

Which also reminds me I owe an FAQ'er a set of heater box gromets and I'm late on the shipping!!!

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

michael dubois sent me a free radiator once when i tore my old one a new one, so to speak (motor mount failure at heavy launch). also,,, weve raised many $$ for the jenna miracle fund, much of it from $20.02 donations although a few have really blown me away with their outrageous generosity! Harry in PR and AndyS are among the most amazing!!

So true..a wealth of expertise and knowledge,many have lent a hand to keep my tii up and running...

The good will of much of the 02 world has been astounding.

Thanks to many,K.C.,Paul Wegweiser,Mike H.,Bill W,CD,Keith Kreiger,

Mike Self,Rob Torres to name a few.

Thanks All

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

I couldn't agree more, I had a problem with my Tii dying at stops and Mike Post came over from Santa Paula that saturday and we tackled the problem; has worked fine ever since!

Gretchen - 1974 Chamonix 2002 Tii: 5spd, Bilsteins, H&R Springs & IE Poly Suspension Bushings, Pierre Front Air Dam, Hella Driving Lights, Blaupunkt Stereo, MB Quart Speakers, Parker Gauge Cluster.