• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My tii is finally in primer!

Martin

Martin,

Great work! And inspiring as well. I'm inspired to get another shell and go at slow but sure.

Just a quick question or 2. On your site you mention that you are using POR15.

What areas did you deem worthy?

Based on your experience do you think it is actually stronger than the DP epoxy primer? I have been told by a epoxy paint manufacturer that it is probably just a one part epoxy.

Can you expound a little on your thinking here?

Again- outstanding work!

Pete

Martin,

Great work! And inspiring as well. I'm inspired to get another shell and go at slow but sure.

Just a quick question or 2. On your site you mention that you are using POR15.

What areas did you deem worthy?

Based on your experience do you think it is actually stronger than the DP epoxy primer? I have been told by a epoxy paint manufacturer that it is probably just a one part epoxy.

Can you expound a little on your thinking here?

Again- outstanding work!

Pete

I use the POR-15 in places where it isn't easy/practical/effective to spray epoxy primer. Generally, that works out to nooks and crannies and other tight spots where I'm concerned about the potential for rust. I spray it into cavities with an undercoating gun as well. Sometimes I'll thin the POR-15 so that it flows into the seams where two layers of metal come together.

After the POR-15 is dry, I strip or sand the excess so the epoxy primer will stick.

HTH,

Martin

'73tii rustoration

2002tii-restoration.org