• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got some new Alpina's

ibjettin

Guest Anonymous
Thanks guys for all the kind words!

Armond, the offset is 12 and I believe they would only fit on a flared 02, although I have seen pics of non flared 02's with 15" Alpina's (maybe different offset?)

Yes guys - A drive will soon be planned!

also made nearly identical Alpina replica wheels in the same sizes & offset - bought a tired 320 a couple of years ago that came with a set Alpinas on it (which I traded away - oops!), then bought a used set of OZs when I decided to keep the E21.

I did try the 6x15's on my '69 '02 - only way they'd fit with stock fenders was at stock ride height with narrow tires (no wider than 185's) - no way the 15x7s would have fit without flares - they sure look good with the turbo flares, though.......

Again, many thanks for all your kind words and feedback. ;)

I'm curious: How did you attach the rear fog to your bumper? Drilled or Bracket? It looks great!

John, I drilled through the bumper. Maybe not the best way, but it sits exactly where I wanted it to. The bad part is that I will be selling the bumper since I need one w/o the trim holes. I will most likely find another rear fog to sell with the bumper.

SWEET JUMPS! Where did you get the 15X7s? New or used?

Thanks John,

they are original Alpina's I found them on this post:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,294806/highlight,alpina/

I missed out on his first set but did get the unfinished ones. John is a great guy to deal with! I couldn't be happier with the sale and how everything worked out.

Very very nice job....

Enjou every mile.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Congrats! The rims and your car looks really sweet. I am happy things worked out for you and John. He is a stand up guy and a terrific resource. I wish the rims fit a non flared 02, I wouldn't of passed them up. Anyway, clean car and fits your ride well.

1976 BMW 2002: Chamonix (Anakin ... as in Vader)

1973 BMW 3.0 cs: Malaga and Polaris (OWAM & TBD)

1963 Buick Riviera (Vernal)

1935 Alaskan Malamutes (year of AKC recognition)

Thanks guys for all the kind words!

Armond, the offset is 12 and I believe they would only fit on a flared 02, although I have seen pics of non flared 02's with 15" Alpina's (maybe different offset?)

Yes guys - A drive will soon be planned!

I have a set of staggered 13" Alpinas on my car 13x6 front and 13x6.5 rear with low offsets and the rears don't clear my inner fender lip (with H&R springs). The low offsets are the killer for non-flared cars as these rims were intended for E21's I assume.

They are a great looking wheel.

70 M2 2.5L 

I have the staggered clones in a 13" x 6" and I had to roll the fenders as well. I haven't tried them now with my new suspension setup which is considerably lower- so we'll see....

post-401-13667583245711_thumb.jpg

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

Here's John Calvin's cars, which win awards wherever they are shown and driven to. He routinely drives from Utah to NC for the Sharkfest, as well as to the west.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2386484

http://www.bigcoupe.com/tech/jcavin_Bimmer.pdf

My E24 proudly wears the proper euro turn signal housings, courtesy of John.

Cheers,

Ray

I missed out on his first set but did get the unfinished ones. John is a great guy to deal with! I couldn't be happier with the sale and how everything worked out.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.