• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I feel like stiring up some shit

Otis

Damn, it's been peaceful, calm, and quiet on the FAQer board. It enought to drive you crazy. I for one, therefore, feel like stiring up some shit. Specifically, I was reading the morning sports page, and the BCS rankings caught my eye. South Florida at number 2? Give me a friggin' break. Then, it dawned on me - why not stir up some crap by ranking the 02s?

Who is number one? I know what you're thinking . . . it's that certain someone's Touring, right? But what about that 3002 -- who's to say that a 100% genuine, every-nut-and-bolt-polished-to-perfection, pristine Colorado coupe beats out an entirely original engineering masterpiece? And what about the former Queen of the Concours circuit -- Juanita? Where does she rank in your standings?

The only way to find out is to solicit your votes. So rank 'em up, boys and girls. As for me, I'm going to start right out of the blocks by stiring up the controversy, by acting like every other coach in the United States -- I'm voting my own "team" number one. So, there's one vote for Otis for number one (certainly not deserved, but hey, it's my vote -- sorry, Bill and Paul). And, in my personal rankings, I'm voting Karl number two. Not because he necessarily deserves it. But how else am I going to get lucky at the 08 Vintage at the Vineyards, unless I show Karl some love? And, I'm leaving Maxson's car entirely out of my personal rankings, just because I love to give Jonathan loads and loads and loads of shit.

Okay . . . what are you waiting for? Rank 'em up, one to ten. And remember, as the old saying goes, vote early, and often . . .

Damn, it's been peaceful, calm, and quiet on the FAQer board. It enought to drive you crazy. I for one, therefore, feel like stiring up some shit. Specifically, I was reading the morning sports page, and the BCS rankings caught my eye. South Florida at number 2? Give me a friggin' break. Then, it dawned on me - why not stir up some crap by ranking the 02s?

Who is number one? I know what you're thinking . . . it's that certain someone's Touring, right? But what about that 3002 -- who's to say that a 100% genuine, every-nut-and-bolt-polished-to-perfection, pristine Colorado coupe beats out an entirely original engineering masterpiece? And what about the former Queen of the Concours circuit -- Juanita? Where does she rank in your standings?

The only way to find out is to solicit your votes. So rank 'em up, boys and girls. As for me, I'm going to start right out of the blocks by stiring up the controversy, by acting like every other coach in the United States -- I'm voting my own "team" number one. So, there's one vote for Otis for number one (certainly not deserved, but hey, it's my vote -- sorry, Bill and Paul). And, in my personal rankings, I'm voting Karl number two. Not because he necessarily deserves it. But how else am I going to get lucky at the 08 Vintage at the Vineyards, unless I show Karl some love? And, I'm leaving Maxson's car entirely out of my personal rankings, just because I love to give Jonathan loads and loads and loads of shit.

Okay . . . what are you waiting for? Rank 'em up, one to ten. And remember, as the old saying goes, vote early, and often . . .

shit! dont forget to vote for COTM! ;-P

Until I can find a photo of the yellow 2002 that ran in the 24hrs of le MONS (you know...the one with the flame job, and rag hanging out of the front valence like a tongue?) y'all gonna have to see my OTHER favorite car from that race:

post-2748-13667583243599_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Being the shit disturber that I have always been, may I highlight that every 2002 is #1. Sometimes, a 2002 may look impressive but if the owner is a checkbook owner, how good is it? I have much more respect for guys saving a 2002 from the crusher and working the midnight hours, than for a trailer queen on which the owner has never turned a wrench. What makes a 2002 a number 1, is the amount of love it has received.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Being the shit disturber that I have always been, may I highlight that every 2002 is #1. Sometimes, a 2002 may look impressive but if the owner is a checkbook owner, how good is it? I have much more respect for guys saving a 2002 from the crusher and working the midnight hours, than for a trailer queen on which the owner has never turned a wrench. What makes a 2002 a number 1, is the amount of love it has received.

haha lee, i was thinking of you when i wrote that (above)... ;) as for checkbook mechanics, i think there can be an exception, if the car is done long distance as in ray koke's case, and the car is actually driven like snot once in hand... ;)

I did do 70% of the brakes swap. But yer right, other than that, my arms have not been long enough...

I told Michael Dubois that I hadn't bonded with my car yet since at the time I'd done very little werk on it (other than an ignition tuneup and some minor things). He understood.

I'm feeling a bit better about it these days -- it almost feels like my car. Maybe it should oughta, since I've owned it 7 years.

;-p

Ray

... as for checkbook mechanics, i think there can be an exception, if the car is done long distance as in ray koke's case, and the car is actually driven like snot once in hand... ;)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I told Michael Dubois that I hadn't bonded with my car yet since at the time I'd done very little werk on it (other than an ignition tuneup and some minor things). He understood.

When you're picking dried undercoating out of your hair and teeth, sometimes you really wonder how great an experience "bonding" with your car truly is...

(P.S. Not that I'm taking this seriously, but I think I'm gonna have to put johnhup's ITB EFI Polaris as #1. The Talbot-style mirrors are what really did it for me.)

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

ray koke's car will always be one of my favourites. not because it has a kick-ass motor, not because it would make mine look like a wreck, but that front shot of his car that pops up from time to time inspired me to want to spend big on my own '02, its pretty impressive! the understated look, with the classy wheels, no flares, and the airdam, topped off with a nice white coat of paint, is my favourite combination, i just hope he doesnt mind me having that photo as my background on my desktop =P

vote #1 ray koke!

and #2 has to go to Tom (oz_tom), because he's a local, and he proves that not all drivers who are on their p's and have a non-generic car look like wankers.

Brent May - Swinburne Uni

1974 2002 Resto:

IE 10.5:1 Pistons, IE header, IE urethane bits, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Whiteline Swaybars, 45DCOE Webers, 304 cam..

16082007263.jpg