• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anybody installed firewall insulation with the motor in?

Grover

I'm up against a time constraint to get my motor back into my car and am unsure if I can get my hands on an OE firewall insulation kit beforehand (the large one that straddles the pedal box, tranny tunnel, etc...) I'm sure it will be a tight fit, but can this be done effectively with the motor in place?

BLUNT. Let me know Monday . Any chance it could ship directly to me to save a day or two? trichardson AT clifbar DOT com

i wish there were. why dont you see if bill has one in stock??? i order monday and it normally takes 4 days but i hate to promise something like that when youre in a situation like that and i have little control. all my stuff comes from the dealer and i dont have the ability to have them drop ship altho i wish i did.

i can and will check in the morning and make sure they are in the states. ill email you. but id really not put that motor in till you get this piece in your hands either from bill or myself

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Grover

I remember thinking it would be very difficult to do a nice job of getting that thing in after installation of not only the motor but the brake lines as well. In the end i sold mine anyway because I'm not so concerned with cabin noise and I don't like not being able to see if something is rusting. At any rate I'd say guess that if you put it in later you'll have a few curse words to spare in the process.

post-147-13667583369784_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't recommend it....I installed Hugo's sans the engine, but I had not removed the brake booster, steering shatf, etc., so it was tough enough cutting it to fit in that area. I couldn't imaging trying to install one with the engine in the bay. You "will" damage the thing to the point it may not look very good if you go that route. As I recall the insulation isn't all the "flexible".

I can't believe the cost $120 now...the prices of our parts are escalating out of control for what the cars continue to be worth. Next step I suppose, is the average '02 will cost $10,000 to $15,000! :-(

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Thanks so much Blunt. I'm just going to see if Bill has one on the shelf, in theory saving me a day. If not, I'll drop you an email later this morning. Thanks as always for the speedy service.

if bill cant help please call me as ill be out running around. i will order it over the phone. cut off time for me for overnight shipments is 3pm CST. i need to order it before 3 to get it next day. thanks 612 298 5725 steve

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Tom aka Grover,

i've got a new one in Tiburon if you want to get it ASAP then you can merely replace it when you get another.

i don't have access to yahoo at work so i'll be able to check in the evening if you're interested.

jerryallsmanATyahooDOTcom

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

At $120 PLUS, I'd make sure to do it correctly. That's a good chunk of change to go about cutting it up just to fit it in.

So, the other stuff was not going to work or were you just running out of time to futz with it and opted for the real part?

No worries, just curious what you came up against.

I may look at that material again as I think it is close to the stuff on the E30M3. Those use three pieces which also total up around $120. I think it is a conspiracy.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes