• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 BMW 2002 fiixing up

ntdogg1

I bought this car about 15 years ago before I turned 16. Its a 68' 2002. I finally got the drive to fix it up, I have most of the parts that are new. The body is perfect with a white paint job.

I want to make this as stock as I can but I also want to make it worth as much as possible. Does anyone know what a very nice 68' 2002 is worth now days?

68' 2002 (fixer)

06' 325i

unfortunately, never as much as you'll spending trying to get it there

Sadly true, but for most of us there is a nice gray area between worthless and priceless. Find a place in that area that you are comfortable and enjoy the car.

If you are looking to justify putting money into an old car because it will 'be worth something', consider that most money market accounts or CD's do not have a FAQ on-line community, and don't go on drives, and don't visit each others homes when traveling around the world.

I don't look at my old car as an investment, but as a vehicle...a vehicle to go capture memories. When I am old I hope I have captured enough memories to keep my feeble mind entertained. Invest in your future...memories.

build it, drive it, enjoy it!

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

You're lucky. My 67 has period correct seats in nice condition, but not much else is original except the body and tranny/rear end. I am still on the fence about the keeping the seats, since the rest of the car has 02 parts. Every time I sit in those old seats, I think that is one of the nicest parts of the car...that and the amazing accel from its gear ratio.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002

Hello, I also have a '68 2002 in Chamonix White, and we must be about the same age too. I'd be interested in staying in touch with you to share notes, as I'm also keeping mine stock, uncoverting a few upgrades, etc. What is your Vin# ? I'm 1661250 (May 17 68) --you will find that there are a few peculiarities in the early cars, some are hard to replicate if missing. Do you have any pictures--if so, post them here. Feed free to send me an email at mobiletradition at gmail.com

Cheers,

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

What is the concensus here regading the Gold Book and Cars That Matter as guidelines for valuing our cars?

www.manheimgold.com

www.carsthatmatter.com

Mike O.

1971 BMW 2002

2007 MINI Cooper S

2008 BMW 135i on order

1998 BMW M3 Sedan (BSP) - Sold

2001 GMC Duramax 2500HD - For Sale