• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandblasting recommendations for the CA Bay area?

DAK

I'm looking to get the engine bay and fenderwells on my project car sandblasted and primed, but the guy I used to use in Hollister sold the business. Looking for somewhere within an hours tow of Los Gatos. Reasonable rates would be nice, but thorough is a must with one stop blast and prime. I guess I'd be willing to tow the car farther for a good price and just have the whole undercarriage taken care of now.

Anybody use someone in the area they could recommend.

tia

Dave K

63 R50/2

67 2000CS

70 1602-Sahara

73 02 auto-Fjord

73 02 Tii- Taiga

73 02-parts car

75 02-Megasquirted daily driver

84 Euro E28 528iSE

i've used Gary's Sandblasting in San Leandro, off Williams Street. i was quoted a while back $700 to blast a bare 02 shell, once.

a coworker has used Meyer's sand blasting in oakland. there is a bodyshop nearby where you can coordinate to have it primed afterwards. don't recall the name offhand.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Thanks Jerry

I'll check them out. The guy I used to use would blast, clean, and spray a self etching primer all in house. Had the entire under body, fender wells, and engine bay done for $800 on a mustang.

Dave K

63 R50/2

67 2000CS

70 1602-Sahara

73 02 auto-Fjord

73 02 Tii- Taiga

73 02-parts car

75 02-Megasquirted daily driver

84 Euro E28 528iSE