• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 1502 #4182863 An American In Germany.

ERIC02

Hello all you other 02 freaks. First i would like to start out with telling you a little about myself. My name is Eric Arnold I come from Wytheville VA. Joinde the army in 1995 and got sent to Germany. Married My wife Marion in 1997 have 3 kids I got out of the army in Jan. 03 and stayed here in Germany After a couple of years something was missing in my life it was my love of cars i had allways since i was 15 or 16 messed around with cars (mostly muscle cars from the sixties and early seventies) Had a couple chevelles and a couple pontiacs that i kick myself in the A$$ for selling now but young and dumb what can i say so anyway i was needing that fix again and started looking for a chevelle or camaro here in germany to restore with my three boys (like my father with me) but they were all to expensive a really really bad american car here goes for around4-5grand(Euros). Then one night i was surfing E-Bay Germany and see a 02 with pig cheeks in jagermeister orange with the works and said this is something to lookinto did some research for a couple weeks then i had to have one!! And found one with this exact picture.

post-5643-13667583817433_thumb.jpg

Then i watched a few days and contacted the seller and asked for a buy it now price he said 800. i said 600 sold!! the frontend was rebuilt new brakes new exsauhst system but he said it had a little rust in the trunk and driver quarter panel i said no poblem . picked it up and started looking first thing i seen front fenders and face had a "little" rust so new fenders and face then trunk Oh my god i dont have pics of the trunk before but after i started cutting i have a few.

post-5643-13667583818326_thumb.jpg

Did screwdriver tests over the whole car no more rust through!! that was it. so under the car i want to strip everything with a wire wheel and paint + undercoat... nope have to move car i pay 100 euros for this garage/ barn every month after 8 months a little to much!!! I have to put the rearend back in for transporting. (and see if if all measurements from new rear were right)..evrything slid into place like butter (Thanks Walloth und Nesch) Then took it for alittle drive around the block illegaly for the first time except on the trailor wow that little 75 hp engine was like a little monster!!!!! so now the little green monster is awaiting its new home for the rearend to be taken out again and everything stripped ( Im building a small garage now) will post more as it comes.

post-5643-1366758382686_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

So its been a while but i got the car moved and my carport / garage started (the car is dry after all the rain we have had in the last 3 weeks) but since then i have pulled the motor, rearend, front subframe and welded in some panels i also took some pics today when i started taking the front subframe apart With my little helper.

post-5643-13667589030161_thumb.jpg

post-5643-13667589032152_thumb.jpg

post-5643-13667589035359_thumb.jpg

post-5643-13667589037434_thumb.jpg

post-5643-13667589039712_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...