• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember that scratch?

PvtSchultz

Well, in case you don't, I attached a picture, as well as a picture of my car.

This is on the hood. I got a lot of good suggestions about how to touch it up again, but I don't have the time or the experience to do a good job, and I don't have the money to get it professionally done.

I've been thinking of getting it covered with a decal. How should I go about this? I want to get one custom made off a website, but I'm worried that it will just do a bad job covering it and draw attention to the scratch.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

post-2344-13667583855393_thumb.jpg

post-2344-13667583856793_thumb.jpg

1975 Amazon 2002

so its too deep for regular polish? if it is to deep make sure it doesn't start rusting!! but the only real way to do it is to sand it back a bit and re spray if its that deep.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

that use the services of pros who touch-up the inventory, both inside and out. Go to a high-end used or new car dealer and see if they will tell you who they use. Around here you'll find outfits with mobile service that can pull up the color formula on their computer, mix the color and touch up the spot.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

paintscratch.com can do all the factory colors- available in spray can, paint pen, etc.... They also other stuff you would need to fill.

should be a pretty easy fix.

Jared

www.DrivingWhileAwesome.com

'72 tii

'00 Tacoma PreRunner

Guest Anonymous
that use the services of pros who touch-up the inventory, both inside and out. Go to a high-end used or new car dealer and see if they will tell you who they use. Around here you'll find outfits with mobile service that can pull up the color formula on their computer, mix the color and touch up the spot.

operating in the Sacrmento area that do a ton of this sort of work for used car lots and new car dealers - the one that comes to mind immediately is AeroColors. From what I understand, the way they fix deep scratches is to fill in the low spot with high-build primer, spot-sand the area level and lay on a couple of coats of color (followed by clear if necessary) with a air-brush.

Co-worker had a couple of nasty scratches fixed on his 6 month old silver E46 a few years ago - cost was about $100, and the repaired area was impossible to spot.

Haha, no, somebody named my car Pvt. Schultz. (I'm not big on naming cars, but hey, I'm the third generation to drive this car and I'm not going to complain about what my grandfather or dad think about naming cars)

I'm actually thinking of getting "Private Schultz" as the decal. Any ideas?

And while I like the zit metaphor, I would rather cover it than leave it.

1975 Amazon 2002